Hi there...

I was at the David Byrne concert and took a couple videos and ran into multiple problems.

One, the Storm locked up on my twice and I had to pull the battery.
    Two, when I went to review my videos later, I get the message "The media being played is of an unsupported format."

I'm running on .75 and boy is this frustrating. Does anyone have this problem with taking videos?

Help!!!

Kraig
    03-02-09 03:33 PM
    The phone locking up while taking video is a known issue in .75. It is addressed in the leaked versions .90 and above. It will be fixed in the next official OS release by Verizon.

If the phone locked up while in the middle of recording a video, it is likely it corrupted the file before being able to save. That is where the error message comes from.

Don't upgrade unless you are comfortable. It is not soported by Verizon, so you do this at your own risk. I'm sure they will be releasing an offival upgraded OS in the next month or two.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-09 06:55 PM
    hold onto the videos and dont delete them though, there's potential to fix them. I've had videos do that in the past and i've been able to get them working agian.
    03-02-09 07:12 PM
    Kok...

I'm hanging onto the videos. Do you have any hints how to restore, or should I wait until the next official upgrade?

Kraig
    03-02-09 07:31 PM
    Thanks Eric. I'm torn about upgrading to a leaked upgrade, because I go through BES at work... so then I have to beg IT for an activation code...

My issue is that I just want my Storm to be without major problems, etc. I think it's an embarrassment to RIM and VZW that a product that shouldn't have been released to the public - meaning the Storm - was, and we all sit here waiting for the daily leak which will make this device the one we should have gotten on Day 1.

OK, off my soapbox.

THanks Eric.

Kraig
    03-02-09 07:35 PM
    LOOK... i have had this prob with .75 , .99 and now with .109.. the video feature on this phone is just not solid.
    03-02-09 07:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD