So my friend was showing off his iPhone and this cable that allows for video output. Pretty cool, where you can play your movies on a TV set.

I have several movies loaded up on my storm for travel. Would be nice if we had the same capability. The storm has the micro USB plug for transfering files. Do you think it will ever be able to output video too? I know it does not exist today, but do you think this is technically possible?
    01-05-09 09:35 AM
    Sure, of course it's possible. They have USB --> RCA/component cables right now, and they also have 3.5mm headphone jack --> component, but I am unsure if the Storm's headphone jack supports component out (haven't heard anyone discuss it since the phone is so new). I presume in the next few months you'll see people beginning to test this functionality.
    01-05-09 10:21 AM
    i have tried the headphone jack style rca cables on my storm and they don't work! I would love to find something that works, let me know if you find anything!
    01-11-09 10:13 AM
    If no other BlackBerry does video out, then I'm 99.9% positive that the Storm will not have that feature. Since no mention of this feature can be found from RIM or anywhere else, it's just a pipe dream.
    Last edited by rayzaname; 01-11-09 at 10:32 AM.
    01-11-09 10:24 AM
    Don't forget Bluetooth as an option. If they can wirelessly beam music, why not video. Hasn't been done yet, but it's just a data stream. So why not? From Wikipedia..........

Bluetooth uses a radio technology called frequency-hopping spread spectrum, which chops up the data being sent and transmits chunks of it on up to 79 frequencies. In its basic mode, the modulation is Gaussian frequency-shift keying (GFSK). It can achieve a gross data rate of 1 Mb/s. Bluetooth provides a way to connect and exchange information between devices such as mobile phones, telephones, laptops, personal computers, printers, Global Positioning System (GPS) receivers, digital cameras, and video game consoles through a secure, globally unlicensed Industrial, Scientific, and Medical (ISM) 2.4 GHz short-range radio frequency bandwidth. The Bluetooth specifications are developed and licensed by the Bluetooth Special Interest Group (SIG). The Bluetooth SIG consists of companies in the areas of telecommunication, computing, networking, and consumer electronics.[1]
    01-11-09 10:42 AM
    If no other BlackBerry does video out, then I'm 99.9% positive that the Storm will not have that feature. Since no mention of this feature can be found from RIM or anywhere else, it's just a pipe dream.
    No other Blackberry is a touch-screen Blackberry
    01-11-09 10:59 AM
    I can play movies on my TV... with my DirecTV, my PS3, my Xbox 360, my DVD player, my Zune, my laptop, etc ... Dear RIM; please spare me from the unnecessary (imo) ability to play movies from my phone and continue to focus making the Storm better as a phone.
    01-11-09 11:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD