Does anyone know if a 3.5mm to rca/video will output my video and audio to a tv or other device. I know this works for some ipods but wasn't sure if it works with the blackberry storm. I'd like to play videos I have on my storm through the DVD player in my truck and was wondering if this is possible??
    03-15-09 07:28 PM
    Anyone know?
    03-16-09 12:09 AM
    Anyone know?
    NOPE I tried doing it to Component out...sound just worked Maybe in the future RIM will add video out function since they do have that ATI chip in there lol
    03-16-09 12:12 AM
    Thanks for the response. I was trying to save myself the 20bucks of buying the wires and finding out it's a no go.
    03-16-09 12:17 AM
    and don't waste your money on a 20 dollar cord... amazon.com will provide a cord for norm less then 2 dollars ship...any kind now a days
    03-16-09 12:25 AM
    This is something that RIM should really consider doing on Storm 2. I really wish this feature was available. This is part of the reason it was such a hard decision between this phone and the Omnia for me because the Omnia has support for this. I am not sure it would even be possible to do it on this phone with OS or not. Sounds like the hardware is not there to do it. I know the processor could handle it but is the connection even there to send video to the 3.5 or micro USB? who knows.
    03-16-09 01:25 AM
    This is something that RIM should really consider doing on Storm 2. I really wish this feature was available. This is part of the reason it was such a hard decision between this phone and the Omnia for me because the Omnia has support for this. I am not sure it would even be possible to do it on this phone with OS or not. Sounds like the hardware is not there to do it. I know the processor could handle it but is the connection even there to send video to the 3.5 or micro USB? who knows.
    I dont think storm 2 will be the storm 2 haha... I dont understand why people want to look towards the end of the storm when we have even lived the beginning... just wait maybe theres bluetooth devices that can transmit to your tv or ps3 or something that we can get later down the road...be optimistic
    03-16-09 01:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD