Sorry if this is somewhere already, I tried searching, but the search here on these forums is as useless as an ashtray on a motorcycle.

Anywho... I have downloaded MP4s that are formatted to the PSP and need to be converted by the media manager as it is transferring to the Storm, which sucks because it takes about 1-1.5 hours and requires me to leave my phone plugged in. Is there a program I can use to optimize it to the Storm WITHOUT having the phone plugged into the computer? I wanted to just download a bunch of movies and then convert them over night or something while I am at home (I am at work right now).

The videos are in widescreen mode so they are smaller on the Storm, I just want them to fill the who screen instead of losing all that space on the top and bottom
    03-12-09 06:15 PM
    Sorry if this is somewhere already, I tried searching, but the search here on these forums is as useless as an ashtray on a motorcycle.

Anywho... I have downloaded MP4s that are formatted to the PSP and need to be converted by the media manager as it is transferring to the Storm, which sucks because it takes about 1-1.5 hours and requires me to leave my phone plugged in. Is there a program I can use to optimize it to the Storm WITHOUT having the phone plugged into the computer? I wanted to just download a bunch of movies and then convert them over night or something while I am at home (I am at work right now).

The videos are in widescreen mode so they are smaller on the Storm, I just want them to fill the who screen instead of losing all that space on the top and bottom
    Ashtray on a Motorcycle! that is awesome!

I use Handrake that came with the DM software works great for me. I use the Iphone settings and comes out looking good.
    03-12-09 06:22 PM
    Ashtray on a Motorcycle! that is awesome!

I use Handrake that came with the DM software works great for me. I use the Iphone settings and comes out looking good.
    Where is that Handtool located!??!?! I don't know where it is...
    03-12-09 06:26 PM
    Where is that Handtool located!??!?! I don't know where it is...
    Here ya go....

HandBrake
    03-12-09 06:29 PM
    Thanks

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.
    03-12-09 07:00 PM
    Hey, when I click on the file I want to convert and select iJesusPhone for the size, then click start... it pulls up a black cmd window for about 4 seconds then shuts it, but no conversion... WTF
    03-12-09 07:24 PM
    Hey, when I click on the file I want to convert and select iJesusPhone for the size, then click start... it pulls up a black cmd window for about 4 seconds then shuts it, but no conversion... WTF
    Sounds like your video file has the security feature (sorry can't remember the name) still on it.
    03-12-09 07:29 PM
    I use DVDVIDEOSOFT free studio's to rip my dvd's onto my computer which removes the security then handbrake to convert them!
    03-12-09 07:34 PM
    03-12-09 09:20 PM
    If you're converting straight from DVD, try the link in my sig. If you already have a digital file on your computer that needs converted to a usable format for the Storm, try VIO - http://vio.thepiratebay.org/
    03-12-09 09:37 PM
    Still waiting to try doubleTwist for the pc.
    It seems to have astonishing capabilities, brought to you by DVD Jon.
    03-12-09 10:47 PM
    It's just MP4 files I downloaded from a link previously posted in another thread.
    03-12-09 11:56 PM
    Still waiting to try doubletwist.com doubleTwist for the pc.
    It seems to have astonishing capabilities, brought to you by DVD Jon.
    windows version will be out in roughly 2 weeks. forums doubletwist.com will have details on the launch date.
    03-13-09 01:58 PM
    Outstanding! First DVD converted using HandBrake: Full Metal Jacket!
    03-13-09 03:01 PM

I had the same problem and I don't remember what I use so I will get back to u later.
    And its free.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-13-09 03:01 PM
    Okay i found it. its called SUPER video converter and its free... you will need to play around with the specs for a while to get it right. Remember that if you want a good video quality you need to put the bit rate really high. If i can find what specs i used i will post them (they work AWESOME on the storm)
    03-13-09 04:15 PM
    K, may have spoke too soon. First attempt at converting a dvd with handbrake didn't come out. Video was all garbled. Trying again with lower settings.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-13-09 06:56 PM
    K, may have spoke too soon. First attempt at converting a dvd with handbrake didn't come out. Video was all garbled. Trying again with lower settings.
    Sounds like you didn't rip it properly (remove CSS protection). Follow the howto thread step-by-step and it will work.
    03-13-09 07:20 PM
    Sounds like you didn't rip it properly (remove CSS protection). Follow the howto thread step-by-step and it will work.
    Thanks! I had to search through to find the Mac-specific stuff, but I think I got it now.
    03-13-09 07:41 PM
    Success! Thanks!
    03-13-09 09:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD