So was lookin around the forum n found some great tools for putting videos on the storm. But here is my question now.

I kno the storm plays mpeg4 video....but is there some sort of patch or 3rd party media player that can support other file types? Ie. Avi or dvix?

I have a ton of movies n show in other formats n it will take to long to convert them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-09 12:41 PM
    If you use DM and click on media you can just drag and drop the video file and it will convert it for you.
    08-31-09 04:21 PM
    With dm it takes a while to convert right. Basically what I'm saying us which one is better dm or a different converter.

08-31-09 04:30 PM
    No wat I mean is if there is a app that would allow something like a avi file to play on the storm without conversion

08-31-09 05:09 PM
    wouldn't the avi file be huge? I'm not a video expert, but I thought the point of mpeg4 was the compression to make the file smaller. Does the iPhone or any other phones play avi? Also when you use DM to transfer the video it resizes for your phones screen also making the file size smaller (assuming the resolution of the source was bigger than the resolution of the screen). I have used it to transfer a few videos and did not seem to take all that long.
    08-31-09 05:16 PM
    It depends on the codec the avi was compressed in. I have been able to play some .avi and some I cannot

08-31-09 06:30 PM
    But I read that the 8900 ca play dvix files

08-31-09 07:24 PM
    Haven't tried divx

08-31-09 09:08 PM
    Mayb there is a patch or something out there that would allow the bb to read a wide veriety of file types.

09-01-09 12:02 AM
    Hey but divx and avi files are kind of huge files compare to mpeg-4 which is nearly half the file size.
    09-01-09 12:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD