On my T-Mo Pearl, I've got it set up so it vibrates 3-4 times, then rings the rest of the time before sending the caller to voicemail. This works perfectly because it gives me a few seconds to grab the phone before it starts making noise. And if I don't get to it within a few seconds, its great that it keeps ringing in case I've left the phone under something and am trying to find it!

How do I set something like this up on the VZ Storm?

So far, I've only gotten it to vibrate X number of times, then ring once, then repeats, which isn't as helpful. After the initial set of vibrations, I want it to ring the rest of the time until it goes to VM. I'm fine if it keeps vibrating while it does this.
    12-14-08 01:27 PM
    You can try the VibAndring application...
    12-14-08 01:28 PM
    You can try the VibAndring application...
    Any way to do it out of the box? I'd like to install as few apps as possible to keep this thing lean and mean.
    12-14-08 01:31 PM
    Any way to do it out of the box? I'd like to install as few apps as possible to keep this thing lean and mean.
    No, it's not possible.
    12-14-08 01:33 PM
    There is plenty of application space on the Storm.
    12-14-08 01:36 PM
    you can do it, go to the sounds menu>set ring tones/alerts>phone> vibration;custom
    you can set it to vib 5 or 10 times before ringing
    12-14-08 01:38 PM
    you can do it, go to the sounds menu>set ring tones/alerts>phone> vibration;custom
    you can set it to vib 5 or 10 times before ringing
    Yes, but then it will only ring once before going back to the 5-10 vibrates.
    12-14-08 01:39 PM
    No, it's not possible.
    That's so strange that they would take that option away.
    12-14-08 01:39 PM
    Does anyone know if VibAndRing will do either:

a) Vibrate 3-4 times, then ring the rest of the time
    b) Vibrate 3-4 times, then vibrate and ring the rest of the time?

From looking at the app, it seems like all it does is vibrate and ring simultaneously the whole time. It also doesn't appear to have a free trial so I'd like to know for sure before buying it.
    12-14-08 01:41 PM
    Yes, but then it will only ring once before going back to the 5-10 vibrates.
    ah ok, i see what you are saying. I suppose you could play with the length and # of vibrations so it's long enough that i't will only do 1 vib/ring cycle before going to VM..
    12-14-08 01:42 PM
    as a side note...this is my first BB and i love the vibe first feature.

i was sitting in a conference meeting the other day with my storm in front of me (in ring mode). i notice an incoming call popping up and the storm starts to vibrate. i was able to turn the ringer off before ANY ring noise was made and the speaker was not interrupted.
    12-14-08 01:44 PM
    Still only going to ring once after the vibes. Vibe and ring app has the settings you're looking for.
    12-14-08 01:45 PM
    Still only going to ring once after the vibes. Vibe and ring app has the settings you're looking for.
    Thanks for confirming that.

Have you tried it on your Storm yet? It wasn't clear if this app already supports the Storm.
    12-14-08 02:18 PM
    I have. It works great.
    12-14-08 03:48 PM
    I have. It works great.
    Thanks so much!
    12-14-08 05:32 PM
    Where would one find the "vibe and ring" app?

Thanks
    12-14-08 06:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD