coming from a regular cellphone to a BB its amazing at how little the silent/vibrate is on the BB. I have my STORM in a holster as I did with my previous phone (EnV) and I can just barely barely feel the vibrate when a call comes in or an email or message.

IS there anyway to change the strenght of the vibrate function like you would for instance on a ring to (volume louder)?
    11-28-08 01:02 PM
    I was wondering the same thing. I am coming from a Voyager and have missed several calls cause the vibrate function is so weak
    11-28-08 01:04 PM
    Well to be fair to RIM, LG probably has the strongest vibrate function out of all the phones. I have a Q and compared to my old LG phone the vibration is weak. Eventually you will get used to the different vibration.
    11-28-08 01:08 PM
    coming from the curve, that was one of the first things i noticed. i have no idea why they weakened the vibrate so much, it's great on the curve. i also agree, i've missed plenty of messages, i find if i put it on more # of vibrates and shorter length i notice it more.
    11-28-08 01:47 PM
    coming from the curve, that was one of the first things i noticed. i have no idea why they weakened the vibrate so much, it's great on the curve. i also agree, i've missed plenty of messages, i find if i put it on more # of vibrates and shorter length i notice it more.

how do you change the number of vibrates?
    11-28-08 02:57 PM
    I'm taking the Fifth on this one.

(snort)
    11-28-08 02:59 PM
    Change it in the Profiles setting. Change "vibrates" to custom and you're good to go with what you choose.
    11-28-08 02:59 PM
    In The sound profile choose custom under the vibrate drop down
    11-28-08 03:01 PM
    Stang68, you beat me by 2min. guess i was typing while you hit reply. LOL
    11-28-08 03:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD