I have a friends storm, when she sets the profile to vibrate only, and recieves a txt the ringtone still sounds. To my understanding you cannot customize each specific preset profile like on the curve, I was thinking it was because she had a ringtone set for a specific person but I sent a txt from a random phone and did the same. anyone have an idea on how to resolve this other than creating a custom profile.
    06-11-09 02:37 PM
    you need to download latest verizon version for the storm. the original os had that prroblem with no way to fix it. however the new version works properly with custom ringtones.
    06-11-09 08:59 PM
    Check the sound profile and make sure it's set to only vibrate.
    06-11-09 09:09 PM
    Yea there is a known bug in version 75 upgrading to 148 should fix it.
    06-11-09 09:12 PM
    W/.75 2 override custom contact alerts: Sounds > custom profiles > add > name as u wish > set each function > new profile displays in Sounds list > select when desired.
    06-11-09 09:30 PM
    My wife's storm still has a similar issue, even after .148. Her's does it on silent.
    Will be keeping track of this post.
    06-11-09 09:44 PM
    I have the same problem. I have the .148, and when I change to Vibrate, or even silent, it will still sound full blast. Isn't it weird that when I change to Vibrate, it still shows Volume: 10. Shouldn't it show Silent?
    06-22-09 04:44 PM
    It should show active profile.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-09 05:02 PM
    My issues on .148 that I am having is that I have noticed that sometimes a sound will not play when I receive an e-mail or message.

I created a custom profile and have the sounds set and all but for whatever reason the sounds won't play sometimes. Sucks because I need to keep looking at the LED in order to know if something came in.
    06-22-09 07:51 PM
    Upgraded to .148 hoping for this fix and still nothing. Anyone know if when I restored I may have brought a one of the files back over creating this issue? Why can't I get this to work.....?
    07-20-09 09:50 AM
    Yup having the same problems as you all, have to go into every single contact alert and set them to silent in order to keep them from ringing in meetings. Sort of a drag, tried creating a custom profile... no luck. Help please.
    12-16-09 12:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD