Hey hey, longtime reader, first time poster. So out of the blue yesterday my 9530 stopped vibrating for calls and messages. Didn't change any settings, sounds are at Normal as always, and I didn't drop it or dunk it. I already searched the forums to look for a similar question and didn't find any. I'm on a Nov 21 phone running .132. Can anyone think of a reason, other than a hardware malfunction, that this would happen?

All jokes aside, I really depend on vibrate mode at work and in noisy places. I want to avoid the Verizon store if possible haha. Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it!

-dmb
    05-11-09 09:27 AM
    Try a battery pull and see if that works....
    05-11-09 09:31 AM
    already did a battery pull. Also turned it off and then back on.
    05-11-09 09:36 AM
    Have you try Buzzme from the app world?
    I dont know mught help
    05-11-09 10:26 AM
    just to be safe, are you sure your settings didn't get changed to vibrate in hoster only?
    05-11-09 10:29 AM
    @ PhayZer: haven't tried buzzme, but I'm hesitant to install if the vibrate won't work anyway

@ chiplatham: settings are still on vibrate in/out of holster. I've done "Try It" with all my message alerts and it still plays the sound but without the vibrate. All the alerts are still set to vibrate too.
    05-11-09 10:37 AM
    Hey hey, longtime reader, first time poster. So out of the blue yesterday my 9530 stopped vibrating for calls and messages. Didn't change any settings, sounds are at Normal as always, and I didn't drop it or dunk it. I already searched the forums to look for a similar question and didn't find any. I'm on a Nov 21 phone running .132. Can anyone think of a reason, other than a hardware malfunction, that this would happen?

All jokes aside, I really depend on vibrate mode at work and in noisy places. I want to avoid the Verizon store if possible haha. Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it!

-dmb
    You might not have changed settings but it is quite possible that your phone did by itself. Mine randomly changes from loud to vibrate or silent without me doing anything. Sometimes once a week sometimes longer. I have gotten into the habit of checking the icon. Not sure why but it is a holster issue.
    05-11-09 10:54 AM
    @ teddeli: the Sounds setting has stayed at Normal all along. I manually switched it to vibrate only and it didn't vibrate at all with received messages, so I switched back to Normal. Also, I do not have a holster.
    05-11-09 11:03 AM
    Ive just started having this same problem, did u find a solution to this?
    12-10-09 04:31 PM
    Try setting up a custom profile for vibrations only and see if the vibe works on that.
    12-10-09 04:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD