Does anyone know of an application that can increase the intensity or power of the vibration in a Storm. I find I'm missing to many calls while in vibrate mode, it just isn't strong enough.
    06-16-09 12:10 PM
    Yeah, the vibe motor is enragingly weak. I was wanting to go one further and swap out the vibe motor from a curve and drop it into the storm.

I want to know if that's possible, if they are interchangeable.
    Last edited by wouldya; 06-16-09 at 01:34 PM.
    06-16-09 01:23 PM
    just duct tape a vibrator to the back of it and wire it to the phone. Problem solved.

sure its gonna look a little awkward holding a wiener to your ear while talking but I guarantee you when it goes off you'll notice
    06-16-09 02:51 PM
    Yeah, the vibe motor is enragingly weak. I was wanting to go one further and swap out the vibe motor from a curve and drop it into the storm.

Anything is possible, but the vibrate motor is more than likely soldered to the main board, it won't be unplug Storm motor plug in Curve motor. Honestly, the vibrate on my Curve is only slightly stronger than on the Storm so it might not have much impact even if you pulled it off. You would definitely void your HW warranty.
    06-16-09 03:13 PM
    just duct tape a vibrator to the back of it and wire it to the phone. Problem solved.

sure its gonna look a little awkward holding a wiener to your ear while talking but I guarantee you when it goes off you'll notice
    +1

Sounds like a personal problem, this weak vibrator you speak of...
    06-16-09 03:19 PM
    Try going into your alerts settings and changing the vibrate to custom. You can then change the length of the vibrate to long and up the count. It won't increase the intensity but maybe longer vibes going off multiple times may help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-09 03:45 PM

very funny !!
    LOL
    06-16-09 04:15 PM
    wow i have the exact opposite problem. if i leave my phone on vibrate and let it sit on my desk at work, its like everyone on this half of the office hears it. i agree it would be nice to adjust the intensity to multiple levels instead of just a size-fits-all setting
    06-16-09 04:27 PM

Unless you're referring to the Curve 8900, I'd bet that the Curve vibration motor won't be much stronger anyway, if at all. Recall that most of the older model BlackBerries are built primarily out of plastic, and thus their vibration motors don't have to be very strong to make the whole unit shake. My 8820 vibrates like it's going to explode, but the thing also feels much more flimsy compared to the Storm, which has a lot more metal and glass in it.
    06-16-09 04:30 PM
    The solution I found is Berry Buzz. I set it for 1 second burst with .5 second pause. It also let's you set a missed call alert so if you do miss a call, it keep letting you know someone is trying to reach you. Best of all you can try it for free to see if it's what you need.

06-16-09 06:45 PM
    The solution I found is Berry Buzz. I set it for 1 second burst with .5 second pause. It also let's you set a missed call alert so if you do miss a call, it keep letting you know someone is trying to reach you. Best of all you can try it for free to see if it's what you need.

+ juan

this works very well, I have it and the vibration is much improved than stock!
    06-16-09 08:23 PM
    Turn Your Blackberry Into A Vibrator — In Depth Sex Toy Reviews By Toy With Me

lol i couldn't resist. I saw this blog on BBGeeks and thought it was funny, 'cause happen to come across it right after i read ur post.
    06-16-09 08:55 PM
    Try going into your alerts settings and changing the vibrate to custom. You can then change the length of the vibrate to long and up the count. It won't increase the intensity but maybe longer vibes going off multiple times may help.

I tend to believe that a short duration with a higher number of repeats "tricks your senses" into beliving the intensity is greater. It is all about the stop and start. Once the vibration is underway your senses quickly become accustomed to it.
    06-17-09 09:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD