Hi, does anyone know if there is a version that will work on the Storm? I'm really not happy that it does not come built with this technology already in. I was alarmed when I found out.
    12-16-08 07:22 PM
    I've got mine vibrating and ringing at the same time. I think you set your ring options to turn the vibrating ON, then select the ringtone as well, and it should work (at least that's what I think I did).

What happens then is that it vibrates first, then rings, then vibrates again and then rings again. I like that feature!

Hope you get it working.
    12-16-08 07:25 PM
    I've got mine vibrating and ringing at the same time. I think you set your ring options to turn the vibrating ON, then select the ringtone as well, and it should work (at least that's what I think I did).

What happens then is that it vibrates first, then rings, then vibrates again and then rings again. I like that feature!

Hope you get it working.
    this is not what vib and ring does..

vib and ring makes it work like regular phones

were it VIBRATES and RINGS at the very same time.. its not seperated..

this is a problem in every blackberry..

some people like it to vibrate then ring and some people want it to do both at the very same time
    12-16-08 07:42 PM
    Vib and Ring works perfectly on my Storm... You have to set your vibration to "off" in your sound profile or it won't work. The program controls the vibration function instead of the phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-08 07:48 PM
    Thanks, icmedia, I just had a look on the Software page and it says that the Storm is apparently not compatible with the Storm, but you're saying it is so?
    12-16-08 09:36 PM
    any link to the program so i could get it for my storm ? is it free or do you have to pay ?

edit: nevermind found a link.....do you think its worth it though?
    12-16-08 09:40 PM
    i honestly don't understand why anyone would care? It all honesty, the vibrate THEN ring is even better incase youre at work/in class and you forget to turn it off the ringer at least you have a second or two to answer whatever came in before the ringer goes off.
    12-16-08 09:41 PM
    I decided to download the "Ring and Vibrate" application instead: it's got just as good reviews and it explicitly says it's compatible with the Storm. It annoys me because because the vibration kicks in before, my phone only rings twice before my voicemail kicks in and I don't always feel the vibration...
    12-16-08 09:53 PM
    Vib and Ring works perfectly on my Storm... You have to set your vibration to "off" in your sound profile or it won't work. The program controls the vibration function instead of the phone.
    Does it work for all alerts or only for phone calls?
    12-16-08 10:51 PM
    just calls, im pretty sure.
    12-16-08 10:59 PM
    Only works for phone calls but is completel worth the money and absolutely flawless on the storm!
    12-17-08 05:58 AM
    BBA who wrote VibandRing is a CrackBerry member and he has a thread for this program here http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/new...andring-41720/. Ask him if he can incorporate the enhancements that you want.

Personally I now like the vibrate first and then the ring. It annoed me when I first gt my phone but now I can often answer my phone before it makes a noise.
    12-17-08 06:23 AM
    I like the Vib and then Ring. The idea being that if you are not near the phone wehn it vibrates then you can hear the ring.

I use to always set up my other phones the same way.
    12-17-08 07:41 AM
    Where are you finding the Vib then ring setting in the storm... i feel like an ***** not finding it but on my pearl it was easy. it vibrated for everything and the ringer was vib then ring.

Also anyone notice that the vib in this phone is not as loud/strong as in other bb's? i used to be able to hear my pearl vib from across the room i cannot hear the storm when it is on the desk in front of me...
    12-20-08 09:56 PM
    I have run vibe and ring for every OS release so far, and it works fine.
    Just make sure your read the directions, disable vibe in the profile (ring only), and I've found that ringtones longer than 30 seconds work best.
    Also don't have your burst length and pause length the same value..
    12-20-08 09:59 PM
    can i ask a stupid question?

does this increase or decrease the amount of time the phone is ringing/vibrating? or is the same?

in other words if i leave it as is and it rings 6 times before i answer, adding this program will it ring 3 times and vib 3 times? or will it do each 6 times?
    12-20-08 10:34 PM
    can i ask a stupid question?

does this increase or decrease the amount of time the phone is ringing/vibrating? or is the same?

in other words if i leave it as is and it rings 6 times before i answer, adding this program will it ring 3 times and vib 3 times? or will it do each 6 times?
    6 times. the program works so the vibrating and ringing are simultaneous.
    12-20-08 10:36 PM
    6 times. the program works so the vibrating and ringing are simultaneous.
    6 times each, or 6 times total?

edit, oops i get it ... it rings the same amount as before, but now adds a vibrate to the ring. got it

ok i want this app, where do i have to go and download/pay? and while im pretty drunk, any other cools ones you can suggest?

hurry up! me wife is drink too so i want to get her CC hehe
    12-20-08 11:49 PM
    12-21-08 12:31 AM
    JPG -

I downloaded this app but can't get it to work properly. I followed the instructions as given. Now my phone will only vibrate and now LED or tone. I tried changing from a downloaded tone to a factory and that didn't help either. Also tried uninstall and restall and no luck. Has anyone tried this app? Am I just doing it wrong? Any suggestions? Thank you.
    12-21-08 02:01 PM
    JPG -

I downloaded this app but can't get it to work properly. I followed the instructions as given. Now my phone will only vibrate and now LED or tone. I tried changing from a downloaded tone to a factory and that didn't help either. Also tried uninstall and restall and no luck. Has anyone tried this app? Am I just doing it wrong? Any suggestions? Thank you.
    Is the activation box checked?
    Are all the permissions set to allow?
    Is the vibe in the profile turned off, ring only + led?
    12-21-08 02:25 PM
    fonebrkr- yep! Did all that. Did a battery pull. Did uninstalled and tried reinstall but can't figure it out. I have had this on other BB so not new to the program just can't get to work that is why I was wondering if anyone else had the same problem or am I just that dumb?
    12-21-08 03:01 PM
    fonebrkr- yep! Did all that. Did a battery pull. Did uninstalled and tried reinstall but can't figure it out. I have had this on other BB so not new to the program just can't get to work that is why I was wondering if anyone else had the same problem or am I just that dumb?
    Email support and see if version 1.0 is available.
    12-21-08 03:44 PM
    Where are you finding the Vib then ring setting in the storm... i feel like an ***** not finding it but on my pearl it was easy. it vibrated for everything and the ringer was vib then ring.

Also anyone notice that the vib in this phone is not as loud/strong as in other bb's? i used to be able to hear my pearl vib from across the room i cannot hear the storm when it is on the desk in front of me...
    Yes, I have same problems, anyway to increase vibe?
    12-22-08 07:48 AM
    I'm having the same problem since installation (Storm 9530 software OS ver 4.7.122); it will only vib twice and then ring and vib. Vib is set to off in profiles and the app is active. Help!
    05-04-09 07:34 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD