I have been searching for a while about my BB's situation. Basically, It works absolutely perfectly, no hangs, no resets... everythin is great... except for the red LED is constantly on. its very faint, but its definately on. I have tried the only supposed solution i found (other than the countless "battery pull" comment) which was to downgrade my OS and then re-upgrade but it has done nothing... in all 5 versions of the OS in my desktop manager, the light stayed on. I looked through all settings on the phone, and found nothing there to aid my quest.

Its getting a bit annoying to be honest, just because its happening.
    The green light still flashes, and the OS i have is 4.7.0.181
    the other i downgraded to were .173, .141, .78, .65

any suggestions or solutions will be very appreciated!
    thanks in advance
    10-16-09 01:41 PM
    You have done a wipe ( using jl_cmder ) and reload?
    10-16-09 02:03 PM
    yeah done that, still not changed. and now i got an uncaught exception error too hehehe.
    10-16-09 02:33 PM
    Sounds to me like your Storm has been water damaged. I had the same symptoms after my Storm fell in water. Nothing to do to get rid of the light but replace the device. Sorry.
    10-16-09 02:44 PM
    to be honest, i dont know where it could have been damaged by water... as apart from natural moisture in the air, it hasnt been anywhere near any liquids.
    10-16-09 03:08 PM
    might just be a symptom of moisture damage, but that symptom can be caused by many other things. it sounds like just basic hardware malfunction...which would be a warranty issue. not much you can do to fix it unfortunately.
    10-16-09 07:11 PM
    ok thanks for all of your help. Its not too much trouble, the phone works fine (up until the phone recently decided to stop playing sounds when i receive an sms)

im just glad i got given it after a colleague upgraded her phone, so im not out of pocket. i guess it will do until vodafone launch their Iphone contracts
    11-13-09 03:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD