I picked up my phone yesterday and so far it has been a complete disappointment. My screen gets stuck when moving the phone around from portrait to landscape, and often times i have to set the phone down and just wait until it fixes its self. Unless im mistaken the storm does not allow you to edit the existing sound profiles like my 8830 did, but instead you need to make entirely new profiles to make any changes. You cannot edit the number 1 speed dial spot (i know its not a big deal, just bugs me), it just defaults to your voice mail, which is fine if it at least let u edit it with some pauses and your password. Lastly, it just doesnt have that smooth feel that i was expecting, everything seems to take forever and all functions seem to be very slow and laggy. At this point i might consider returning this phone... anyone else having these same issues?
    11-26-08 02:43 PM
    Look around the site some there have been lots of posts on things you can do to make the experience better. Then once the OTA upgrades come out it will be even better.
    11-26-08 02:58 PM
    You and about 75% of the storm owners. Mine doesn't freeze as you described but it certainly does lag.

My storm takes a whole two seconds to rotate from portrait to landscape, not acceptable in this Jetsons way of life.
    11-26-08 02:58 PM
    p.s.
    "Wahhhhhhh!" -Me
    11-26-08 02:59 PM
    yup, im definitely reading around, many tips here but now im having issues with this media manager, its grayed out and i cant get to it from the desktop manager to transfer some files over from my PC to the storm.....lol...more problems...
    11-26-08 03:02 PM
    OMGosh another post!!!

11-26-08 03:02 PM
    Just spend a little QT with it and you will fall for her. These flaws (most of us are experiencing the same) are little compared to the rest of her great features.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-08 03:04 PM
    i would wait and use it a bit more. U may have a dodgy phone, my first one i took back as i had issues u had. my phone is 80% perfect , it just needs the updates. You can do a lot more on this phone than u realise. I have come from a curve, which was a great phone, but now i have the storm i would NOT go back. Give it a bit of time to get used to, as you are probably expecting it to be 100% perfect. I wish it was!! But really try and use it for a bit, do a battery pull , delete some apps u dont need it and it WILL be different
    why don't people post their "don't like it" posts in the "do you love it or hate it?" sticky?

The first 5 pages of this board have exactly 3 different posts in it reposted by different people...

:-/
    Can anyone tell me how i can fix this media manager issue? The desktop manager wont let me click the application.
    11-26-08 03:08 PM
    Wow..

First of all.. yes you can edit existing sound profiles, it just takes a little more brain usage, which I guess is a little too much for some people.

Second of all, if you close your apps after use, you won't have any issues with switching from portrait to landscape.
    11-26-08 03:09 PM
    How do you edit existing sound profiles?
    11-26-08 03:10 PM
    To the first post:

if you do not use VZ navigator just delete it. I found that after deleting that program my photo do not freeze up anymore. Everything runs fast, the landscape view to potrait and vice versa is quicky and snappy no lag what so ever. About the voicemail problem. when your in screen to make dial a call, hit the BB button > options > voicemail. From there you can type your password. That will eliminate the need to type a VM password manual, it will do it for you.

Hope that helps
    11-26-08 03:11 PM
    why don't people post their "don't like it" posts in the "do you love it or hate it?" sticky?

The first 5 pages of this board have exactly 3 different posts in it reposted by different people...

:-/
    Agreed. This is absolute madness! The Storm sub-forum has almost as many threads as the Bold's and the Bolds sub-forum was made way before the Storms. Madness. I understand everyone wants to voice their opinion, and I believe they should and have a right to, but let it be the least bit organized.
    11-26-08 03:12 PM
    holy crap! sorry about the horrible grammar!! I should have went back and edit so I didnt sound like a ******!
    11-26-08 03:12 PM
    How do you edit existing sound profiles?
    When you open the menu to choose your sound profile, you can scroll down to the bottom and set the sounds for the currently selected profile
    11-26-08 03:14 PM
    sorry guys, first time posting here, was just looking for some help....appreciate the tips =)
    11-26-08 03:16 PM
    Hayv u got roxio on there. This maybe a problem trying to install music from dtm. I found it hard at first , but now so much easier. Try to reinstall disc again, but delete the app on your computer first. I had this problem too. You WILL love your storm!!!! Repeat after me ........ I will love my storm.....
    11-26-08 03:17 PM
    I just got mine today 5 hour now and work great until batt gets very low then everything starts lagging. But yet again I do close all applications after using them. I lag a little to this works out for me HAHA
    11-26-08 03:17 PM
    I'm always down to help with problems, I just get sick of people blaming the phone for everything.

Certain things 'do' have issues and you can count on them to update the software in due time to fix those issues. Other things are just settings that need to be changed and all is well
    11-26-08 03:18 PM
    try looking at the blackberry storm tips , very very helpful. I am new too and found this so helpful. Thank you all u guys who post Helpful posts
    11-26-08 03:19 PM
    Go into the Dial screen by pressing the green key
    Click the Blackberry button and choose "options"
    Click Voice Mail
    There's a box for password, it adds the pause automatically
    11-26-08 03:24 PM
    I picked up my phone yesterday and so far it has been a complete disappointment. My screen gets stuck when moving the phone around from portrait to landscape, and often times i have to set the phone down and just wait until it fixes its self. Unless im mistaken the storm does not allow you to edit the existing sound profiles like my 8830 did, but instead you need to make entirely new profiles to make any changes. You cannot edit the number 1 speed dial spot (i know its not a big deal, just bugs me), it just defaults to your voice mail, which is fine if it at least let u edit it with some pauses and your password. Lastly, it just doesnt have that smooth feel that i was expecting, everything seems to take forever and all functions seem to be very slow and laggy. At this point i might consider returning this phone... anyone else having these same issues?
    So the sound profile is not an issue... The voice mail password is not an issue... and otherwise you're just waiting for a software update to speed up some of the lag behavior? Sounds like you're GOOD TO GO!!!
    11-26-08 03:26 PM
    LoL!, almost, lol still working on the sound profile edit, i dont see where i can edit the existing preset sound profiles, my only options are as follows:

set ring tones/alets
    set contact alerts
    custom profiles

Nothing like some of the previous posts have said to look for....but your right, it will grow on me as soon as i can fix these little bugs.
    11-26-08 03:31 PM
    LoL!, almost, lol still working on the sound profile edit, i dont see where i can edit the existing preset sound profiles, my only options are as follows:

set ring tones/alets
    set contact alerts
    custom profiles

Nothing like some of the previous posts have said to look for....but your right, it will grow on me as soon as i can fix these little bugs.
    The only pre-loaded profile you can change is the Normal profile. You can't edit any of the other profiles. What I did was make a "Vibrate All" custom profile, so every notification is 5 long vibrates. Took me a little while to figure this out. Hope that helps.
    11-26-08 03:36 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD