I read there are several different versions of the storm being released. Which version would be the same as the ATT 3G frequency? Is T-Mobile's 3G the same? Might be switching to T-Mobile soon. Thanks.
    10-08-08 10:12 AM
    I read there are several different versions of the storm being released. Which version would be the same as the ATT 3G frequency? Is T-Mobile's 3G the same? Might be switching to T-Mobile soon. Thanks.
    The 9500 is the GSM version, thus the version you could run on ATT. As this is not the version being released by Verizon in the States (they are releasing the 9530), you'd have to get a Vodaphone GSM version and unlock it....
    10-08-08 11:15 AM
    Just switch to VZW and get it.
    10-08-08 11:37 AM
    Is Vodaphone's compatible is what I was asking, but also read there will be other carriers outside of the US. Not switching to verizon for this phone because they are a year late on other releases.
    10-08-08 02:20 PM
    Is Vodaphone's compatible is what I was asking, but also read there will be other carriers outside of the US. Not switching to verizon for this phone because they are a year late on other releases.
    Ok they are a year late on other releases but first in flight on this one. And it seems that the storm is the one you want so why worry about other releases? And I don't know if I would get one and unlock it for AT&T. The network is still gonna suck. But if you can deal with slow speeds and bad connections, more power to you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-08 02:28 PM
    Ok NC, heres the deal. RIM pulled a fast one. Remember the spyshot that BBN posted?? Well, it said tri-band GSM. Well, although technically it's there, it's not going to be useable. So what this means is the 9500 will work on AT&T & T-Mobiles EDGE networks, but not on their 3G. The 9530 will also work on AT&T and T-Mobile. Now, the million dollar question is will the same spec device that BBN posted a spy shot of be the device that Rogers gets??

Also to whoever called AT&T's network crappy, it's not as widespread, but I'll take an AT&T 3G capable device and stick it up against one on Verizon anyday. Paypal???

I'm talking about this 9500--> UPDATED: Spy Shots Prove Existence of GSM-Only Storm | BlackBerryNews.com
    Last edited by Crucial_Xtreme; 10-08-08 at 02:47 PM.
    10-08-08 02:41 PM
    no 3G with the Storm on AT&T or T-Mobile (USA)
    10-08-08 02:42 PM
    Ok NC, heres the deal. RIM pulled a fast one. Remember the spyshot that BBN posted?? Well, it said tri-band GSM. Well, although technically it's there, it's not going to be useable. So what this means is the 9500 will work on AT&T & T-Mobiles EDGE networks, but not on their 3G. The 9530 will also work on AT&T and T-Mobile. Now, the million dollar question is will the same spec device that BBN posted a spy shot of be the device that Rogers gets??

Also to whoever called AT&T's network crappy, it's not as widespread, but I'll take an AT&T 3G capable device and stick it up against one on Verizon anyday. Paypal???

I'm talking about this 9500--> UPDATED: Spy Shots Prove Existence of GSM-Only Storm | BlackBerryNews.com
    Crucial maybe I'm mistaken or something or maybe it is just the iphone but my good friend gets a strong 3g signal with his iphone @ my house and I get a pretty good signal with my verizon blackberry. If we download the same file on our phones my beats his 9 times out of 10. Maybe even 10 times out of 10 so maybe it's just the iphone.

10-08-08 02:46 PM
    Crucial maybe I'm mistaken or something or maybe it is just the iphone but my good friend gets a strong 3g signal with his iphone @ my house and I get a pretty good signal with my verizon blackberry. If we download the same file on our phones my beats his 9 times out of 10. Maybe even 10 times out of 10 so maybe it's just the iphone.

I'm not calling you a liar, and I believe you, but Rev 0 is not faster than HSDPA. The Iphone as well as the network is having some problems though.
    10-08-08 02:52 PM
    I'm not calling you a liar, and I believe you, but Rev 0 is not faster than HSDPA. The Iphone as well as the network is having some problems though.
    Question. Do you think the rev a that the storm will be running will have speeds greater than or equal to that of hsdpa?

10-08-08 02:55 PM
    [QUOTE=Crucial_Xtreme;808869]Ok NC, heres the deal. RIM pulled a fast one. Remember the spyshot that BBN posted?? Well, it said tri-band GSM. Well, although technically it's there, it's not going to be useable. So what this means is the 9500 will work on AT&T & T-Mobiles EDGE networks, but not on their 3G. The 9530 will also work on AT&T and T-Mobile. Now, the million dollar question is will the same spec device that BBN posted a spy shot of be the device that Rogers gets??

Thats a good question crucial, will rogers get the storm this year or is there a 6 month deal with telus and bell also?
    10-08-08 03:11 PM
    Question. Do you think the rev a that the storm will be running will have speeds greater than or equal to that of hsdpa?

Rev A, definitely. However, it varies. Sometimes HSDPA is a little faster, sometimes Rev A's a little faster. I use both on my laptops.
    10-08-08 03:18 PM
    Thanks for your input Crucial I was hoping somebody in the "know' would answer that question instead of Verizon people on their high horses because they are getting an exclusive phone, but I guess i would also if I had to wait close to a year for a blackberry to come out.
    10-08-08 05:40 PM
    I'll take that bet. The only requirement is that we have to be in the state I live, South Dakota. I will let you pick any spot you like across the entire state
    10-08-08 07:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD