Of course I'm not bashing Verizon or anything, just found this read and found it interesting. As I'm sure some of you will as well. I particularly like the last part of the piece.

Verizon Wireless Leads in Performance But...
    10-14-08 08:37 PM
    FIrst of all, AT&T's dropped call percentage seems too low. I would put it at about 10%.(sorry Crucial) Marketshare will get a huge boost by the Storm and cause many non-Verizon customers to see Verizon in a different light, a good light.
    10-14-08 08:45 PM
    Interesting indeed... That was(and is) my pet peeve with VZW: for all the outstanding QOS's, they don't have the bling bling hardware to use it with.

Hopefully the Storm and other bling phones (supposedly a CDMA Omnia is in the works) will increase their market share.

Unless VZW neuters the phone, then........
    10-14-08 08:49 PM
    As always Crucial good read!!
    You always have good information!
    10-14-08 08:50 PM
    FIrst of all, AT&T's dropped call percentage seems too low. I would put it at about 10%.(sorry Crucial) Marketshare will get a huge boost by the Storm and cause many non-Verizon customers to see Verizon in a different light, a good light.
    First off, I didn't write this. Secondly, I use Rogers more than AT&T. Regardless it doesn't matter to me I thought it was good information plus it mentioned the Storm.
    10-14-08 08:54 PM
    Good read, and yes, the iPhone phenomenon is definitely the front that VZW has to confront (and the Storm will help).
    10-14-08 09:17 PM
    A great portion of that market share has to be due to the iPhone.
    10-14-08 09:21 PM
    First off, I didn't write this. Secondly, I use Rogers more than AT&T. Regardless it doesn't matter to me I thought it was good information plus it mentioned the Storm.
    Hey Crucial, I think you should put the bold part in your signature, LOL. You've had to say that so many times, it's insane.
    10-14-08 09:45 PM
    these people can leave all they want..... as long as they come back as new lines for me and other verizon sales reps
    10-14-08 10:15 PM
    No way defending VZW, but offending you CX .... the stats end with Sep 08, before the Storm hit the news press for the "general public". The new iPhone did for AT&T what the Storm may do for VZW. Let's see the stats in Dec.
    10-14-08 10:21 PM
    these people can leave all they want..... as long as they come back as new lines for me and other verizon sales reps
    With that statement I bet your phantom churn numbers are ridiculous. I'm the happy AT&T manager that they call to credit the ETF they received from Vzw

Duvi
    10-14-08 10:21 PM
    Of course I'm not bashing Verizon or anything, just found this read and found it interesting. As I'm sure some of you will as well. I particularly like the last part of the piece.

Verizon Wireless Leads in Performance But...
    Great stuff like always. Not because I am with AT&T or manage for them, but because of the rest of the article. JD always has T-mobile up there and I'm wondering how the eff that keep happening. Lies!!! Great article.
    10-14-08 10:23 PM
    No way defending VZW, but offending you CX .... the stats end with Sep 08, before the Storm hit the news press for the "general public". The new iPhone did for AT&T what the Storm may do for VZW. Let's see the stats in Dec.
    I didn't post the link to the article to compare service between AT&T and Verizon. I posted it because it's a great read and so that we'll have a reference to gauge the overall significance of the Storm on the market.
    10-14-08 10:33 PM
    If AT&T announces the Thunder, do these numbers still change?
    10-14-08 10:34 PM
    I posted it because it's a great read and so that we'll have a reference to gauge the overall significance of the Storm on the market.
    My bad, I just looked at the pretty pictures and came up with my own theory on what the article was about, or rather how it ended.
    10-14-08 10:36 PM
    Verizon won't get future share if they keep hamstringing their phones...that's the main reason I don't switch to them, not the cost, not their coverage...their phoens are garbage...you get the same phone on any other carrier and you get twice the features...
    10-14-08 10:49 PM
    you get the same phone on any other carrier and you get twice the features...
    I can get an 8830 at Sprint, but only thing I'm gaining is open GPS. I didn't realize the 8830 only had 2 features.
    10-14-08 10:54 PM
    I can get an 8830 at Sprint, but only thing I'm gaining is open GPS. I didn't realize the 8830 only had 2 features.
    Good GOD you hate verizon, boy...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-08 10:58 PM
    My bad, I just looked at the pretty pictures and came up with my own theory on what the article was about, or rather how it ended.
    this seems to be a recurring theme with you......
    10-14-08 11:00 PM
    He simply cannot help himself. Right Civic
    10-14-08 11:05 PM
    Still at 147 posts.... must mean you've been hanging around in the Off Topic Forum for a while. I guess that'll keep you out of trouble when you make short insultive posts. You should do what I do... make them a few sentances long.
    10-14-08 11:05 PM
    you also get to send files over bluetooth, we're up to 4 features

plus all the programs you can install that use the GPS function

plus i know it's not the EXACT same phone...but an 8820 also adds wi-fi to the GPS and bluetooth...
    10-14-08 11:06 PM
    Good GOD you hate verizon, boy...
    I was actually trying to defend VZW with that one.
    10-14-08 11:06 PM
    you also get to send files over bluetooth, we're up to 4 features

plus i know it's not the EXACT same phone...but an 8820 also adds wi-fi to the GPS and bluetooth...
    I can send files over Bluetooth.

And you did state "same phone" in the above post. I was only going by what you said.
    10-14-08 11:09 PM
    That's what I thought you were doing, and i'm the one opposing you haha
    10-14-08 11:10 PM
86 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD