View Poll Results: Verizon (.75) vs Bell (.76)

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Verizon (.75)

11 27.50%
  • Bell (.76)

18 45.00%
  • (Unofficial) Verizon (.75)

11 27.50%
  • Original OS that came with the phone

0 0%
    I was trying to figure out which OFFICIAL update people are happier with: the .75 from Verizon and .76 from Bell. Reading through all the posts, I can't make heads or tails about what people's reactions are! It's all over the place, which makes it VERY difficult for anyone to figure out which OS they should go with.

So I'm thinking of just consolidating it all in one post in order for people to get a better idea about what the heck is going on, which OS seems to be better/worse/whatever.

So if you've tried all the official upgrades, please post your pros/cons, which one you're sticking with, why, and vote so we see where the consensus is!
    12-05-08 12:56 PM
    I'm really impressed with the bell version. I'd be interested to hear the differences.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-05-08 12:59 PM
    There really is no difference between the 2. But definitely better than .65
    12-05-08 01:01 PM
    There really is no difference between the 2. But definitely better than .65
    exactly...VZW's official has just taken longer because they want to make sure they have explored all the ways to take our money by locking down the phone...lol... (even though they just unlocked GPS for pearl/curve...dang it)...

If your phone worked fine with .65 (as some ppl did)...then .75+ will only be better. But as most of us have experienced .75 has been a blessing. From owning a pearl with over 10 billion different OS upgrades...all I will say...the newer builds are usually less buggier and thus...a bit (if measureable) better.

Please please please newbs...read the tips and tricks before asking questions about wiping, upgrading, downgrading...blah blah blah. If you are experiencing a problem...chances are hundreds of ppl before you have as well.

I love you all.
    12-05-08 01:10 PM
    That's what I was expecting, that both were the same. I think there's so much confusion cause the boards have been FLOODED with new members, many unexperienced with BB, and now the views and opinions range so differently. Looking over the boards from the past couple hours, people are swearing up and down that one is working better/worse/faster/slower/etc than the other. *sigh*
    12-05-08 01:36 PM
    bump up
    12-05-08 02:31 PM
    I'm using Bell's .76 and love it.
    12-05-08 02:42 PM
    I don't really notice any difference between 75 and 76, and none between the official and unofficial. So I am going to say 76, I am sure there has to be some minor bug fixes. And even CX says it is a little better. This is comparing a clean install of all three versions.
    12-05-08 02:45 PM
    I'm using Bell's .76 and love it.
    Ditto that. Went from .75 and I noticed an improvement.
    12-05-08 02:47 PM
    Anyone had the rebooting problem before .75/.76, and the updates fixed it?
    12-07-08 07:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD