Well everybody I called in today for a minor issue with my service and got a juicy easter egg: the Verizon update will be out tomorrow. The bad news is that everybody already has it. It's only going to be 4.7.0.75. For those that still need to update your phone, you should see a new icon in the first position on your menu that says wireless update.
    12-04-08 07:27 PM
    Seriously? Did you not notice the huge post on the front page blog? Or the many threads already mentioning this?
    12-04-08 07:34 PM
    yeaa... most people are already downloading .76
    12-04-08 07:37 PM
    My bad, I was just so excited that I ran here to post asap. Please ignore this.
    12-04-08 07:41 PM
    yeaa... most people are already downloading .76
    .76 for Bell is .75 for verizon. Tried them both and .76 won't update anything in .75 because there are no changes.
    12-04-08 07:49 PM
    if regular users are ever curious of the lag on the board it should be no surprise its caused by hundreds of duplicate threads created
    12-04-08 08:37 PM
    yeah tell me about it, ignorance is bliss along with reading and searching must be something that is found far and few in between people these days.

So many useless threads saying the same thing.

Reminds me of the seagulls from Finding Nemo that say mine mine mine mine at the same time over the same thing........
    12-04-08 08:48 PM
    yeah tell me about it, ignorance is bliss along with reading and searching must be something that is found far and few in between people these days.

So many useless threads saying the same thing.

Reminds me of the seagulls from Finding Nemo that say mine mine mine mine at the same time over the same thing........

you posting this slows it down too...
    so why complain?

have you never been on a over crowded forum before?

there is a ton of uptight people on here who often may forget how the internet works...

if it causes enough stress for everyone to constantly post in almost anger maybe you should all disconnect your internet and blackberrys for a while so you can be less stressed

edit: this wasn't neccesarily pointed at you ainvar it was just posted in general..
    Last edited by noaim; 12-04-08 at 08:56 PM.
    12-04-08 08:54 PM
    you posting this slows it down too...
    so why complain?

have you never been on a over crowded forum before?

there is a ton of uptight people on here who often may forget how the internet works...

if it causes enough stress for everyone to constantly post in almost anger maybe you should all disconnect your internet and blackberrys for a while so you can be less stressed

or maybe people new to forums that dont realize the search feature is there for a reason or front page news items usually have threads to go with them
    12-04-08 08:57 PM
    I don't have .75 yet cause Mac users such as myself are ******* children with no functional DM. Hoping the update is actually ota not just downloadable. Sick and tired of the screen flipping on the side when I lay it down

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-08 10:04 PM
    I have the leak .75 do i need to down grade or whip my phone for this verizon update?
    12-04-08 10:29 PM
    If the update is ota...can just download it over the leaked version?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-08 10:37 PM
    or maybe people new to forums that dont realize the search feature is there for a reason or front page news items usually have threads to go with them
    yes, but the forums are so plugged up with duplicate erroneous posts that you can't use the search feature, once again due to the forum having so many duplicate posts... so in essence, it's an infinite verbal loop of Q&A...

a lot of the reason for duplication is poor titles of the threads created (ie. YOU'LL NEVER GUESS WHAT I GOT FOR MY STORM TODAY)

and hopefully someone with some experience has the ability to tolerate a new person asking a question, does their due diligence, and answers or responds kindly.

...and then other times, someone on their period answers and adds more negativity to an already negative situation. it must be very difficult to be that person who had their cornflakes pissed in.

since the world invariably revolves around these kinds of nasty people, it's nice to know that there are those out there who have never been new to something and/or never have made mistakes.

what an awesome concept

one is very grateful to be shown who others are.
    12-04-08 10:59 PM
    I know this is a dumb question but if you update your phone will you have to readd all your contacts or are they stored with the backup?
    12-04-08 11:13 PM
    ignore that last comment
    12-04-08 11:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD