Well I am on my 4th Storm replacement for screen click issues and i was sort of upset. I called Verizon and they offered to send me either a brand new storm or a tour.....as much as i like the storm...i said i would take the tour....hopefully i made the right choice, as it was an on the spot decision on the phone and I didn't really know much about it....did i make the right decision?
    07-15-09 01:13 PM
    Guess you'll find out...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-09 01:32 PM
    I can't say I've had many problems with the storm screen. Going to another brand new device will get you brand new problems to deal with. Hopefully RIM got it right out of the box for the Tour.
    07-15-09 01:36 PM
    We will see....hoping for the best...i actually have two replacement storms siting on my floor to send back....i will definetly miss the big screen....hopefully it works out.
    07-15-09 01:41 PM
    havent had any screen problems that werent eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeasily fixed via torx adjustment

now it always clicks just the way i likes it

but with the tour you wont have any screen click problems so it's alll good
    07-15-09 02:13 PM
    Can you tell me what you told verizon about getting the tour? I am having all sorts of problems with my storm and want to exchange it but they are asking me for the full retail price. I even asked for a curve.. i'm already on my third one....What did you actually say to the for them to offer a tour?
    07-15-09 02:29 PM
    dont' have to tell them anything. I called today with an issue and was offered the same deal.
    I picked the storm though, I'm not giving up the touchscreen storm until I get the touchscreen storm 2.
    07-15-09 02:31 PM
    even if my contract is not up?
    07-15-09 02:36 PM
    i would have thrown in "can you unlock the WiFi on the tour" lol
    07-15-09 02:40 PM
    the tour is way better. i am so glad i killed my storm. too bad they wont do this switch for my brother. he is on his 6th storm.
    07-15-09 02:42 PM
    I read somebody post that if you get three replacements, VZW will give you a different phone if you prefer.

Is this a written policy by VZW or are they doing that to some customers as a courtesy? If it is a written policy, then I don't see why your brother (to ddarvish) or mak725 can't get the Storm replaced with the Tour.
    07-15-09 02:54 PM
    on the phone with verizon right now... hopefully they offer the tour... talking with tech support right now...
    07-15-09 03:01 PM
    I got my Tour today and so far it's a lot better than the Storm if you don't mind a smaller screen. I am happy with the keyboard instead of a touch screen.

The Tour replaces the Storm which I went through 5 of and decided I didn't need a 6th.
    07-15-09 03:02 PM
    did they offer you the tour? they are telling me anything but the tour....
    07-15-09 03:07 PM
    did they offer you the tour? they are telling me anything but the tour....
    Yes, and that's even before it was released. You should try and tell them anything else is a downgrade. If all else fails, call back and speak to a different representative.
    07-15-09 03:15 PM
    To the original poster make sure Verizon didn't renew your contract because cell phone companies are notoriously known for doing that behind your back when they just offer you a new phone like that.

07-15-09 03:22 PM
    To the original poster make sure Verizon didn't renew your contract because cell phone companies are notoriously known for doing that behind your back when they just offer you a new phone like that.

yeah...i asked about that and they said it doesn't renew my contract...it just extends my new phone date form this date.....which is no big deal because i just got the storm in feb anyways, so it only extends the date 5 months.
    07-15-09 03:30 PM
    Get the Tour and you will have absolutely no regrets!

07-15-09 03:45 PM
    yeah...i asked about that and they said it doesn't renew my contract...it just extends my new phone date form this date.....which is no big deal because i just got the storm in feb anyways, so it only extends the date 5 months.
    Yes exactly. It doesn't touch the contract, it just restarts your upgrade date.
    07-15-09 04:06 PM
    Restarts your upgrade date? ugh. I would rather deal with our storms now until the second one comes out

07-15-09 05:41 PM
    I wish you luck with the Tour. I had the chance to mess with one today and wasn't too impressed. http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/no...9630-a-268535/

However, you need to form your own opinion on the device. For me, it's just not good enough... I'll be waiting on the Storm 2 myself.
    07-15-09 06:09 PM
    Restarts your upgrade date? ugh. I would rather deal with our storms now until the second one comes out

yeah...but i always get stuff from verizon for an early upgrade once it gets near 10 months
    07-15-09 06:30 PM
    I certainly wish you all the best with the Tour, It looks like a fantastic phone. The Storm is my first experence with a Blackberry and a smart phone. I have had it since December and I have had no major issues with it. So far I love the storm and enjoy using it everyday. I will take a look at the Storm 2 but unless it is a dramatic improvement, I stick with my Storm till the bitter end.
    07-15-09 06:50 PM
    I envy you so much.

I'm on my second Storm b/c my first one wouldnt click on the left side. This second one clicked amazing!, for about a week. Now the bottom wont click. My parents are pissed that I replaced the first one and would absolutely KILL me if I told them I had to replace this one.... Looks like I'm stuck with this for a while...
    07-18-09 12:11 PM
    Why are your parents pissed? Shouldn't have cost them anything...

07-18-09 12:48 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD