I was #2 on the call list for the Storm and never heard anything from Verizon until today about 4:30pm CST. A rep called from my local store and asked me if I was still getting the phone (I told her yes), asked if it was an upgrade or new line (I told her early upgrade), she said that they were now making appointments only for the phone. I made one for Friday at 5pm. I have to return my Curve tomorrow if I want this phone and after reading all of the negative posts about it, I wonder if I should just keep the Curve. I don't know what to do now.
    11-17-08 06:16 PM
    I called my local store last week to get added to the list and found out today that there's no list to guarantee you a Storm. The list was only for them to call you to let you know that it's there. They seem confused.
    11-17-08 06:18 PM
    I called my local store last week to get added to the list and found out today that there's no list to guarantee you a Storm. The list was only for them to call you to let you know that it's there. They seem confused.
    I was shocked as everyone has been talking about getting there early and waiting in line. But she said appt. only. Walk-ins turned away? I don't know what they're doing but I like it. I asked if they were double or triple booking and she said it will be crowded but just come in and tell them that I have a 5pm appt. and it shouldn't take too long.
    11-17-08 06:22 PM
    If you are talking about verizon you are completely wrong ... its first come first serve basis and thats the only way it is being done .. no one called and said you have a 5 o clock appointment because its bs... infact...

Mr. Cultb52, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
    11-17-08 06:26 PM
    I called to put a hold on one and the lady took my name and number down. Not sure if this will do anything for me but it didn't hurt to do it. If I don't get it Friday, I am sure they will get more shipments soon after.

If you are talking about verizon you are completely wrong ... its first come first serve basis and thats the only way it is being done .. no one called and said you have a 5 o clock appointment because its bs... infact...

Mr. Cultb52, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
    Haha do I see a theme here
    11-17-08 06:30 PM
    lol.. yes you do ! ... lol.. its the perfect line for dumb a$$ statements lol
    11-17-08 06:31 PM

Are you slightly ******** or just a complete idiot? Why would I make this up? Call and ask them. The Verizon store in Beaumont, TX. 409-895-0724. She said I will be guaranteed one. Moron!
    11-17-08 06:34 PM

Sooks, glad you were able to use this line again, and glad I brought it out on that previous post
    11-17-08 06:40 PM
    Sooks, did you verify it yet? I know you did. Is that why you're hiding?
    11-17-08 07:11 PM
    Sooks. Actually i do have an appointment, and i witneseed my store take appointments for other people also. its not BS, just maybe you store isnt taking appointments. my appointment is at 10 am friday, which is when they open. i asked multiple times and they told me for sure that if theres a line, if im there at ten i wont have to stand in it, bc i have an appointment
    11-17-08 07:24 PM
    Sooks. Actually i do have an appointment, and i witneseed my store take appointments for other people also. its not BS, just maybe you store isnt taking appointments. my appointment is at 10 am friday, which is when they open. i asked multiple times and they told me for sure that if theres a line, if im there at ten i wont have to stand in it, bc i have an appointment

She told me that the only way walk-ins will get it is if an appointment didn't show.
    11-17-08 07:26 PM
    i know this is my first post but you gotta love the billy madison reference.
    11-17-08 07:27 PM
    It might be similar to what they do at my local store. When you walk in you sign a sheet and wait for a rep to help. They go based on that order so maybe they are just putting your name on that list.
    11-17-08 07:29 PM
    i know this is my first post but you gotta love the billy madison reference.
    Too bad it was prefaced by an idiotic comment.
    11-17-08 07:29 PM
    It might be similar to what they do at my local store. When you walk in you sign a sheet and wait for a rep to help. They go based on that order so maybe they are just putting your name on that list.
    Negative ghostrider. They made an a p p o i n t m e n t. For 5pm. Why is this so hard?
    11-17-08 07:31 PM
    ya ive heard him say that line in multiple posts just waiting to use it, just like a nerd would.......
    11-17-08 07:31 PM
    I'm not saying whether I believe what you're saying is true or untrue... But I would love to see the looks on the faces of the people, waiting patiently in line, while you shimmy on by for your "appointment".
    11-17-08 07:37 PM
    I'm not saying whether I believe what you're saying is true or untrue... But I would love to see the looks on the faces of the people, waiting patiently in line, while you shimmy on by for your "appointment".

I posted the phone number.
    11-17-08 07:50 PM
    I have a friend (I know, I know) who went to work at Verizon and is a sales rep there now. She always helps me out and even got me a brand new i760 from right behind the counter when mine broke (rather than making me go through the insurance process), and she said that she has me on their list, but that's more of a head count. She wishes she could, but she CAN NOT set one aside for me. She said to just come early and it shouldn't be a problem. They haven't gotten their shipment yet so she doesn't know how many they're getting yet, but she expects they will sell out before the day is over. I said it would be a long weekend if you run out, and she said, yeah, you're not kidding. She did say the manager expected a shipment of Storm accessories in this evening. She also said that other stores could be taking reservations, since it was up to the store Manager. Her manager wants it on a first come first serve basis. So I beleive it could easily be different from store to store, and definitely from city to city. She also said that she had just gotten the chance to actually use the Storm today for the first time, and she is absolutely in love (she is a current Curve owner). So that's all, take it for what it is, just second hand info. Sorry, no pics
    11-17-08 07:52 PM

what is so funny about this post is i just got done watching the movie.LMFAO!!!
    11-17-08 07:55 PM
    well i guess my friends are cooler that you guys' then. I asked about the people in line if i walked up, they said not to worry about it, because i have an appointement and thats all i need
    11-17-08 08:01 PM
    My vz rep sz I can come play with a storm thursday. Play w/ a storm, I want to buy one. Lame.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-08 08:14 PM
    someone should tell sook's mom heshe is playing on the computer again.
    11-17-08 09:26 PM
    someone should tell sook's mom heshe is playing on the computer again.
    HaHa That made me laugh! Why would cultb52 make it up??
    11-17-08 10:07 PM
    I too have an appointment for friday @ 930. I called to check on the flyer and spoke to a rep I have dealt with before. he said no problem you can make an appointment with me. I have thm every 30 mins. 9 is taken but 930 is free and I have some in the afternoon. just come in and ask for me by name....im in columbus ohio

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-08 10:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD