That is like saying gatway owns the OS that they load onto your laptop. Yet you go to microsoft for updates. Why not go to gateway for your updates?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I have an HP and I get updates from them more than I get them from Microsoft
    11-28-08 09:27 AM
    If you buy a regular phone on Verizon you get the vcast stuff automatically. Would you cry about that as well? Its their service, get over it.

Not crying about anything. Just stating I don't agree with it and don't like it.

If you read my comments, you'd see that I wouldn't have had a problem with that. I clearly said I accepted software that came preloaded.

I think there is a place for something like this and it's called the Application Center. Not my Home Screen. Before you mock people, read their posts in there entirety. Then you'll be able to comment accordingly and you won't come accross as arrogant either.

What's with all the hateful/spiteful/mocking undertones some people feel they need to take. It's just my opinion and my right to feel this way.
    11-28-08 09:27 AM
    Not crying about anything. Just stating I don't agree with it and don't like it.

If you read my comments, you'd see that I wouldn't have had a problem with that. I clearly said I accepted software that came preloaded.

I think there is a place for something like this and it's called the Application Center. Not my Home Screen. Before you mock people, read their posts in there entirety. Then you'll be able to comment accordingly and you won't come accross as arrogant either.

What's with all the hateful/spiteful/mocking undertones some people feel they need to take. It's just my opinion and my right to feel this way.
    I agree people shouldn't be rude or hateful, but its Verizon's app its not another companies application. The only reason why it just showed up on our homescreen now is because they hadn't made it storm compatible yet. Otherwise it would be on it just like it is with all the other phones they provide
    11-28-08 09:29 AM

Vcast music/Rhapsody should have been on the phone already when the phone was released but it wasn't ready yet. The icon would have been there when you bought the phone. Would you have complained then?

I'm sure there will be more new icons popping up in the future. Try not to get upset. Its not like they installed anything.
    11-28-08 09:35 AM
    I have an HP and I get updates from them more than I get them from Microsoft
    Is there an advantage to getting your updates through HP?

11-28-08 09:37 AM
    Is there an advantage to getting your updates through HP?

It does it automatically on my comp, but I think they do it so they can update their software as well
    11-28-08 09:40 AM
    Stop complaining. It's an offer, not an app. Yes, it should be in the app store...so put it there, delete it from your home screen, write your Congressman, eat some comfort food to make you feel better. Enough.
    11-28-08 09:42 AM
    People need to understand the BB devices work differently. For most applications that work over the network, the carrier must register and push service books to your phone. This is not the same as palm or wm phones. For this reason you will get service books like VCast pushed to your device. To let you know it was there; you get the icon. It is not installed. I think folks need to relax and understand how BB have to work on a network and through their servers to understand why this happens.
    11-28-08 09:46 AM
    Nothing mocking / hateful / or spiteful in what I posted. It is a simple truth people tend to forget. We own the phones, just like we own the laptop / desktop we surf this website with.

But the OS still belongs to whoever developed it. We don't own the OS and are only licensed to use it. And there are certain things they can do to it without asking our permission. Nobody can ever cause us to incur charges in any way without our permission. But they can update the OS as they see fit.
    11-28-08 09:47 AM
    Nothing mocking / hateful / or spiteful in what I posted. It is a simple truth people tend to forget. We own the phones, just like we own the laptop / desktop we surf this website with.

But the OS still belongs to whoever developed it. We don't own the OS and are only licensed to use it. And there are certain things they can do to it without asking our permission. Nobody can ever cause us to incur charges in any way without our permission. But they can update the OS as they see fit.
    You are partially correct. We are licensed to use it. As is verizon. RIM owns the OS.

11-28-08 09:49 AM
    Vcast music/Rhapsody should have been on the phone already when the phone was released but it wasn't ready yet. The icon would have been there when you bought the phone. Would you have complained then?

I'm sure there will be more new icons popping up in the future. Try not to get upset. Its not like they installed anything.
    No, you're right. I would not have if they were on there when I bought it.
    11-28-08 09:57 AM

Noooooooooooooo, I was definitely not talking about you. Please don't think that. I even meantioned you had a good point when I quoted you.

Your comments made perfect sense, and you didn't sound snide or mocking at all. You actually voiced your thoughts in a respectable and mature manner. Much appreciated. Keeps the forum fruitful. All the, would you cry if's, and the GOD PEOPLE, and the get over it's, just cheapen the forum when people are voicing valid concerns.
    11-28-08 10:01 AM
    This isn't really a bog deal. VCast is usually on the phones that are capable when you get. VZ just pushed it down. Actually kind of nice. Maybe sometime in the future you will get pushed down something that is of interest and you will enjoy it. Nothing villainous about IMO.
    11-28-08 10:07 AM
    chrisy520 is right on, if you look at the link she put up, you'll see the trooper typing fiasco..

Alas, the best thing you can do is hide the icons..
    They are part of the sevice books, and as well as flickr, facebook, aim, and icq, you can delete them from your books, but thet show up as soon as you get the books resent, which automatically happens at least once a month...

When I had my pear and the trooper typing icon showed up, I called a couple friends and actually had it provisioned off my books, as soon as I put 4.5 on, it came back, eventually, only option was to hide it....
    11-28-08 10:17 AM
    Isnt the most important part of this that it cost $1.99 for a song. I mean how many people cant wait till they get home to get the unlimited transfers for $14.95 a month. At the very least they could match Apples pricing. I installed VCast last night, but other than the novelty I cant seem much reason to keep it on. It is a cool piece of software, but the business model is definitely flawed.
    11-28-08 10:25 AM
    Here is another thread on the same subject. good time for a merge.

New Vcast Music Icon On Storm - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

as for the $1.99 a song, i used to buy songs from vcast on my env. i don't have a pc so i thought this was a great feature! i never went overboard as it does add up but i really liked the ablity to buy and download a song OTA.

Here's another thread on VCast:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/vca...-storm-103177/

Right now vcast has clips of news, sports, weather and tv shows. i am hoping they add full length shows like they have on vcast for non smart phones.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 11-28-08 at 11:04 AM.
    11-28-08 10:54 AM
    along with everyone else, Vcast is on every other phone that verizon sells. They must have just added the option to the storm. at least you have the option here to remove/hide the icon. I used it on my voyager like 3 times, to me it is a pretty worthless app. but there is potental in it.

I am sure that there is a handful of people here that will like application. and are glad that it was sent over to them. I do have a tendancy to check the Get it Now application to see if verizon has anything worthwile but so far not much is worth it.
    11-29-08 09:41 AM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD