The $4.99 a month or whatever it is... is it possible to add it to my plan after I've already purchased the phone? And if so, how long until I can actually use it to replace any equipment?
    12-06-08 11:54 PM
    I think you have 30 days to add it. Either that or 2 weeks.. Not sure which one.
    12-06-08 11:55 PM
    you have to add the plan within 15 days of purchasing the phone brand new from verizon..

You can use it whenever..

however if your within 30 days of purchasing the phone you can get a new one if its defective..

if you smashed it on the concrete you would have to go through the insurance.
    12-06-08 11:57 PM
    15 days from date of activation as long as there has been no damage in those 15 days.
    12-06-08 11:59 PM
    you have to add the plan within 15 days of purchasing the phone brand new from verizon..

You can use it whenever..

however if your within 30 days of purchasing the phone you can get a new one if its defective..

if you smashed it on the concrete you would have to go through the insurance.
    you can get a new one if its defective anyway cuz isnt there a one year manufacturers warranty????
    12-07-08 12:05 AM
    you can get a new one if its defective anyway cuz isnt there a one year manufacturers warranty????
    You can get a NEW one within 30 days. After 30 days a manufacturer replacement will likely be a certified like new replacement unit.
    12-07-08 12:20 AM
    15 days within purchase to add... covers lost, stolen damaged outside the manufacturers warranty, 4.99 / month .. .$50 deductible with insurance company
    12-07-08 12:21 AM
    15 days from date of activation as long as there has been no damage in those 15 days.
    how can they tell this though? if you call and add it and the thing is in pieces... how would they know? and would you be able to call back the next day and be like, "my phone is in pieces. need new one. thx."?
    12-07-08 12:22 AM
    $50 deductible... Then a refurbished phone...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-08 12:22 AM
    how can they tell this though? if you call and add it and the thing is in pieces... how would they know? and would you be able to call back the next day and be like, "my phone is in pieces. need new one. thx."?
    There is not a guarantee...but at some point you're going through Asurion. Asurion is actually an insurance company, with all the included accoutrement, take that for what you may.
    12-07-08 12:24 AM
    I'm asking because my ***** friend spilled juice on my phone and even though I wiped it off immediately, it's behind the screen and rather than drying out like water, I assume it's just sticky and my screen now has a bit of a leopard print when the background is white.

it's usable... but obviously annoying. I'm debating over whether to call and add the protection plan or just claim some other issue and try and get a replacement.
    Maybee theyll be sneaky and see when the last time the phone was used haha
    There is not a guarantee...but at some point you're going through Asurion. Asurion is actually an insurance company, with all the included accoutrement, take that for what you may.
    gotcha. thanks.

nice avatar by the way.
    12-07-08 12:25 AM
    Yeah, but $50 for a refurbished phone in my opinion is better than not having a phone or having to pay full retail for a new one.
    12-07-08 12:31 AM
    Yeah, but $50 for a refurbished phone in my opinion is better than not having a phone or having to pay full retail for a new one.
    Agreed. But you *may* (probably not in this case) run into the "comparable device" term of the Asurion terms and condition in which you get a device that is similar but entirely different. Again, this is likely not the case in this sitch because I really don't think there is a comparable device to the Storm.
    12-07-08 12:33 AM
    Yeah, usually the only time the comparable device clause comes in is if the phone is old as dirt and they destroyed all the old phones hah hah
    12-07-08 12:34 AM
    I'm asking because my ***** friend spilled juice on my phone and even though I wiped it off immediately, it's behind the screen and rather than drying out like water, I assume it's just sticky and my screen now has a bit of a leopard print when the background is white.

it's usable... but obviously annoying. I'm debating over whether to call and add the protection plan or just claim some other issue and try and get a replacement.
    You should get insurance as long as you can make calls from your phone you still qualify. I've done this once and they just ask me to call them from my phone to make sure it's working before you submit a claim.
    12-07-08 01:35 AM
    You should get insurance as long as you can make calls from your phone you still qualify. I've done this once and they just ask me to call them from my phone to make sure it's working before you submit a claim.
    Hopefully they never figure out CAPTCHA.
    12-07-08 01:39 AM

just go and add the insurance to your plan and wait at least 30 days. That 's what my friend at my verizon store told me to do and he's a manager there. I trust his word cause he knows how to work the system, he's the reason i got the storm for 50 bucks in the first place.
    12-07-08 01:45 AM

Thats called "insurance fraud"...punishable to 3years in prison lmao.

Whats your number? SO I can add notes to your account that you admitted to juice being spilt and are attempting to pull a fraudulant claim through Asurion by adding insurance as if its supposed to backdate and cover prior damage lmao.

PM me ur cell number thnx!
    12-07-08 01:48 AM
    You know that screw fix to help the clicking issue? You could probably use it to cause a clicking issue (hint hint)

-bring phone to Verizion and complain about the corner buttons not clicking.

-get a new phone

-profit
    12-07-08 02:08 AM
    You know that screw fix to help the clicking issue? You could probably use it to cause a clicking issue (hint hint)

-bring phone to Verizion and complain about the corner buttons not clicking.

-get a new phone

-profit
    -fraud

-get away with it (probably) but know you have technically committed insurance fraud.

- never tell your kids the benefits of honesty.
    12-07-08 02:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD