Because that's how leaks happen. Notice how no real information has leaked? Notice how most employees have been kept out of the loop?
    That's the only consistent information I've ever gotten from a rep (online, in FL, and in MD) is that they are purposely kept out of the loop because Corporate knows that the info will get leaked. I guess it's something solid....
    11-10-08 05:29 PM
    Just spoke to a VIP rep in the Midwest. She said this promotion was not directly for the Storm. She took my number and said I would be notified the day it was released. I asked her when it would be released and she said she did not know the for sure day but that it would be released BEFORE Thanksgiving. Either the end of this week or next week is what she said.

Will see... This week would be nice. I also asked why valued VZW customers would not get discounts on the new and greatest blackberry, but that new customers with no loyalty (switching from another carriers) would get great half price deals. She had no good reply. This is what pisses me off the most about wireless companies. I just bought my curve at full price 6mths ago, now I have to pay full price again. Big load of BS.

Auhhh. Now I feel much better.
    11-10-08 05:47 PM
    I'm a VIP member. I hope I get one!
    11-10-08 05:54 PM
    And it would be just my luck that I get an invite on the day I sent off my mortgage check.
    11-10-08 05:57 PM
    And it would be just my luck that I get an invite on the day I sent off my mortgage check.
    uh, would you not have paid your mortgage? lol

Now I understand the economy issues, everyone is waiting for the storm!
    11-10-08 08:08 PM
    Sooooo... your mortgage is a month behind. Priorities my friend... it's all about priorities
    11-10-08 08:52 PM
    I am a VIP member and just called CS. The woman says she has not heard of this yet, but that the date sounds pretty good, and thats all she could tell me. I pressed harder but she wouldnt budge. DAMN I am excited for this beast.
    11-10-08 09:46 PM
    Mgr at VZW store said they'd have models to play with on the 15th and would be taking orders for deliveryon the 23rd. Maybe it won't be until the 17th.
    11-10-08 11:16 PM
    I received mine in the mail. It's for the 17th-21st. I will be there bright and early on the 17th, might even take that morning off. Dr's appt, cough cough. I don't know if I will be able to pick one up then, but will pre-order if possible. My phone is on it's last leg and needs an update. My company covers the cost of the device so luckily i don't have to get a tattoo or wrestle a bear or get kicked in the sack by a kangaroo to get one. A great perk for being in the IT industry and being the BES admin. Another great perk is getting to go to WES and staying drunk for 5 days straight. Good times. I hate to admit it but sort of like Michael Crabtree, I dreamed about this phone, not the sames as dreaming of making a spectacular catch to knock Texas out of number 1, but a dream about using this device. Maybe because it's all I read about through out the day. I need therapy.

(edit) Just called the store for the private sale, the rep said to get there early because they don't know how many they are getting but they will be in store on the 17th. I forgot to ask about price. Doh.

(edit 2) After further investigation, called back, got a new person who just came back from vacation, and they had no idea about the price and if they were going to get them by the 17th, he said to call back on Sunday to see if they received them yet. Fishy fishy.
    Last edited by cadsystems; 11-11-08 at 09:05 AM.
    11-11-08 08:40 AM
    Great news everyone. Just called VZW customer support, and I explained the flier to the woman and she had no idea what I was talking about. She asked for some more details, including the promotion code (which I didnt know because the flier is in Boston and I am in Boulder) and then put me on hold for a while. She came back and said she had spoken to the Marketing Dept. and they knew what was going on.

She said that the phones inside the pamphlet are going to be discounted, however it must be the main line on the account the upgrade. She also said it is for VIP Members only and that she was able to tell me this because I am a VIP Account. She said that they dont have a price for the Storm yet, as they are keeping very quiet about it, but that it will be available with a discount (of how much she couldnt tell me) on the 17th. I asked her wether it would be available that day or just for pre-order and she said "It is my understanding that they will have those BlackBerrys in the stores on that day."

Good news for all us VIP Members!
    11-11-08 12:30 PM
    I got one of these cards in the mail yesterday. I'm guessing I received it as I have been with Verizon for about 8 years and my contract expired a few months ago (I'm not any sort of VIP member that I know of). On the inside it is advertising 4 phones including the Storm. There is pricing for all of the phones on the card except for the Storm, which just says “Introducing the Blackberry Storm”. There is a tear off piece of the card which states “only availabe for” then lists my phone number and the address of the closest Verizon store to me. It says to bring to your local Verizon store on the dates listed for a “Private Sale” although it never really explains what that means. There is also a phone number to call. I called the number but the rep I spoke to couldn’t tell me if the Storm was going to be available for this “Private Sale”. She said they had not been told when it was going to be available or any pricing on it. I guess I’ll just stop in on the 17th and see if it’s there.
    11-11-08 12:42 PM
    uh, would you not have paid your mortgage? lol

Now I understand the economy issues, everyone is waiting for the storm!

Wow thats serious.
    11-11-08 01:07 PM
    If it really gets released to VIP members only first and Verizon will not sell me one, I will walk right across the street and buy an iPhone. That is just ridiculous.

Anyways, nice to finally join the forums after creeping around the past few weeks.
    11-11-08 01:23 PM
    Seriously I've been a VZ customer for 4 years... dealt with crappy phones like E815 and Q. I swear this WiFi and GPS block (just as the FLEX BT block on both Q and E815 did) is pissing me off. I bet if this came out on TMO or ATT it wouldnt have those features disabled... I'll only stay on VZ if I win it so I don't have to sign a contract for two years.

I really dislike their policy of nickel and diming loyal customers.
    11-11-08 02:58 PM
    You could always sign a 1 year contract? If you dont like having the best coverage, go to another carrier its simple as that. Please try to keep this thread to information RELATING to this private sale.
    11-11-08 03:13 PM
    For anyone interested attached are scans of all the panels of the flyer I received (with my info removed). When unfolded it was too long to fit the whole thing onto my scanner
    11-11-08 03:22 PM
91 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD