The reason why most stores don't have any replacement storms is hecause they sent back so they could be perloaded with the new 5.0 software!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-09 07:16 PM
    That is because they are sending them to me! Actually last Friday my phone wouldn't charge I took it in to VZW and she said she couldn't get it to charge either. I was offered a replacement to be shipped to me as they were out due to sending them in for OS upgrades. Monday I get my replacement and this one is certified like new....... I took better care of my old storm than the garbage that was sent to me. It had some noticeable scratches, and the screen had a few stuck pixels. On top of that the color was all distorted.

I call CS and ask are they serious in sending me this as a replacement. I let her know I understand getting a refurbished phone, but I expected something wasn't this bad. She suggest I do a factory reset to try to fix the color and pixel issue, so I follow along knowing it probably won't solve much. She says they will send out another phone which I got today. It works, not as well as my first storm, but at least I can charge it now.
    11-03-09 07:49 PM
    "Well, you know, we just released a software update a few days ago. Let me have someone update your phone." I then asked her how a software update would fix a non-clicking screen. She looked right at me and said, "It will."
    Amazing...
    11-03-09 08:15 PM
    I really don't understand why VZW does the things they do. I thought they had like the best customer service and they care about their customers. But who I'm I kidding
    11-03-09 08:59 PM
    I really don't understand why VZW does the things they do. I thought they had like the best customer service and they care about their customers. But who I'm I kidding
    you obviously understand the situation though.
    11-03-09 09:10 PM
    I would like to know if you guys had insurance? I didn't see that mentioned? If you did have insurance and had been paying the $5.00 a month or whatever it costs, I would say that is not acceptable at all.
    Not sure I understand your point. Insurance is through Assurance, Verizon just makes it available and collects the premium. To use your insurance you have to call Assurance and pay a $50 deductible. They will send you the replacement not VZW. If Assurance cannot provide the same make and model they are required, by the insurance contract to provide an upgraded version. Remember it is VZW that may be temporarily out of Storm1, Assurance I am sure has plenty of rebuilts in anticipation of policy holders trying to get upgrades for their $50 deductible. If the device is still on Verizon's one year replacement warranty and the problem is a defect not user caused damage then Verizon has to have the replacement to send you.
    11-03-09 09:35 PM
    I went into a VZW store this past Friday because my Storm's screen only clicks on the bottom when it feels like it. It's been an issue for a while, but it's seems to be getting worse.

Anyway, I take my Storm into the store and describe the problem to the rep, show her my phone, and she replies, "Well, you know, we just released a software update a few days ago. Let me have someone update your phone." I then asked her how a software update would fix a non-clicking screen. She looked right at me and said, "It will." I laughed. I told her that's like upgrading to Windows 7 because your mouse doesn't work.

She ordered me a replacement phone LOL

Hopefully, my phone shows up today like it's supposed to.....
    Your wrong. The clicking and touchscreen is based off software. Software update can fix the issue all in all.
    11-03-09 09:42 PM
    I just got a Brand new Storm 1 phone from VZw in the mail last week loaded with .328. Made in Hungry, or however u spell it. Works fine
    11-03-09 09:48 PM
    does anyone know if VZW will replace your storm if it has dust under the screen?
    11-04-09 08:37 AM
    Its not a big deal now. But I'm sure it will collect more before I'm done with it. Thanks for the info.
    11-04-09 01:46 PM
    Your wrong. The clicking and touchscreen is based off software. Software update can fix the issue all in all.
    Wow.... Just....wow....

11-04-09 04:22 PM
    i have had my Storm since Jan 1st 2009. has worked great up until a week ago, all of a sudden the bottom left of screen wont press or click until i tap my finger very hard all over the screen and it will eventually free up. also 2 times today i was on a phone call and phone made a loud noise in the earpiece and rebooted itself. i have until the end of December to exchange with Verizon, should i do it now or wait to see if anything happens ?
    11-04-09 04:35 PM
    You, sir, are a good and decent man. Taking such good care of your wife is just plain sexy. I'm married to one of those kinda guys, too.
    **** no grab it dude women can't handle technology and there is nothing sexier then a storm 2 at the moment, lol please don't be angry with mi ladies but technology and driving skills are like a ***** only man have it. Lol

11-04-09 04:41 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD