I was at the verizon store today trying to find out when I was eligible for an upgrade when the rep started asking how I liked the Storm, and of course I told him I wasn't too happy with it. He told me that they have heard that a lot and that they are going to be doing some kind of promotion for original storm owners so they can upgrade for free possibly. He said that they will be mailing out the information to storm owners about this. I know that everyone says never trust the reps but I thought that I would let you all know, so keep your hopes up everyone and keep an eye on your mailbox. If this has already been posted then sorry in advance lol

Thanks!
    10-14-09 12:54 PM
    I won't hold my breathe, but I'd like some option to upgrade to Storm2 since the original has let me down many, many times. I'm so tired of that spinning clock...
    10-14-09 12:58 PM
    Thanks for the info but I'll believe it when I see it.
    10-14-09 12:59 PM
    Thanks for the info but I'll believe it when I see it.
    I hope so, but I agree, beleive it when I see it.
    10-14-09 01:08 PM
    There is no way that would happen, there would be way to much money lost if they let everyone upgrade to Storm2.
    10-14-09 01:14 PM
    I would love the possibly free option lol
    10-14-09 01:18 PM
    I believe that i read somewhere that due to all the problems owners of the original sotrm encountered, there would be some of discount (doubtful that it would be free) and that you have had to have pruchased the phone between certain dates.....we will have to wait!
    10-14-09 01:50 PM
    I could see a special promotional price, but free would be a bad business decision.
    10-14-09 01:52 PM
    Don't believe it. If anything I bet it will be at the discretion of the store much like most decisions when you go in for help. Verizon does have amazing customer service but I believe its because they let individuals in thte stores make a lot of their own decisions.
    10-14-09 02:02 PM
    Honestly, I'd be happy with 2E2 pricing, despite it only being a year. But again, I'm not holding my breath.

Heck, just release a fixed OS and I'd be happy.
    10-14-09 03:12 PM
    I'm willing to pay an upgrade cost, but I'd like a better deal than the 2 year price. Maybe the 2 year price, plus they buy back my storm for 100? (100 trade in, in other words)
    10-14-09 03:22 PM
    I'm willing to pay an upgrade cost, but I'd like a better deal than the 2 year price. Maybe the 2 year price, plus they buy back my storm for 100? (100 trade in, in other words)
    that sounds like a deal to me!!! they would never do it.
    10-14-09 03:41 PM
    Here we go again..... "I heard from a VZW rep that..."

• The S2 is the BEST BB EVER!
    • All Storm owners will be eligible for lifetime hardware upgrades
    • VZW now has their own site where All OSes are leaked as soon as they get them from RIM
    Need I say more?
    10-14-09 03:41 PM
    I know that everyone says never trust the reps but I thought that I would let you all know, so keep your hopes up everyone and keep an eye on your mailbox.
    Never trust the reps.

(I just wanted to part of the "in" crowd )

It would be nice, but lately my S1 has been working pretty well, although I'd love afree upgrade, I can wait a while till my NE2 comes around.
    10-14-09 03:43 PM
    I vote PK to be CEO or somethin of Verizon for this...cuz i doubt they would do free but this is very reasonable

good call lol
    10-14-09 04:14 PM
    I'm willing to pay an upgrade cost, but I'd like a better deal than the 2 year price. Maybe the 2 year price, plus they buy back my storm for 100? (100 trade
    in, in other words)
    That's what I'm betting on, some kind of trade in discount.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-09 04:33 PM
    Im not even going to bother with getting my hopes up.
    10-14-09 04:46 PM
    Not only will we not get this, but I don't think we deserve this either. If you didn't like it you had 30 days to return it.
    10-14-09 05:52 PM
    Not only will we not get this, but I don't think we deserve this either. If you didn't like it you had 30 days to return it.

+1, hey maybe LG will give me a discount on the new model LCD that just came out since the older one just sucked so bad.

10-14-09 05:56 PM
    Exactly! You had a return period, and you decided to keep it and use it. Pay the upgrade price.
    10-14-09 05:57 PM
    there is NO way that would ever happen.

1. if verizon were to do this for Storm 1 owners, it would be as if they were admitting that the phone was bad (which may be the opinion of many, i'm not going to speculate on that matter)....

2. what about the people who just purchased the Storm in the last 2 months? is it fair that they would not be able to take advantage of this offer as well?

i think if they were to do that it would p*ss alot of people off. definitley a poor business decision. companies are supposed to stand behind thier products regardless of the faults ppl may find in them.

Verizon takes a very large subsidy on every phone sold, and I dont think taking the easy way out would look best to the consumer.

but hey, thats just my opinion
    10-14-09 06:36 PM
    Approx 6 months back I got a VIP Card in the mail from Verizon.. It says on it $50 off any new phone every year with a two year renewal.. Now is that $50 off List or $50 off the 2 year price.. Hmmm???
    10-14-09 06:43 PM
    There is no way that would happen, there would be way to much money lost if they let everyone upgrade to Storm2.
    I don't think Big Red is worried about it. One of the flyers that was posted in the last few days is promoting a BOGO event, with the Storm 2 in the centerfold.

I'm not holding my breath but ill remain hopeful.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-09 07:28 PM
    there is NO way that would ever happen.

1. if verizon were to do this for Storm 1 owners, it would be as if they were admitting that the phone was bad (which may be the opinion of many, i'm not going to speculate on that matter)....

2. what about the people who just purchased the Storm in the last 2 months? is it fair that they would not be able to take advantage of this offer as well?

i think if they were to do that it would p*ss alot of people off. definitley a poor business decision. companies are supposed to stand behind thier products regardless of the faults ppl may find in them.

Verizon takes a very large subsidy on every phone sold, and I dont think taking the easy way out would look best to the consumer.

but hey, thats just my opinion
    Did you read Verizon CEO Lowell Mcadams's comments today from the New York Times?

He said that people were telling him that the Storm 2 is what the Storm 1 should have been like. This based upon him parading around, showing off a Storm2. This is interesting, could be a setup for some kind of discount but i won't hold my breathe either.
    10-14-09 07:31 PM
    Did you read Verizon CEO Lowell Mcadams's comments today from the New York Times?

He said that people were telling him that the Storm 2 is what the Storm 1 should have been like. This based upon him parading around, showing off a Storm2. This is interesting, could be a setup for some kind of discount but i won't hold my breathe either.

i'll have to check that out.

i have heard ppl say that the Storm 2 was the original Storm that was scrapped.....has that been confirmed or is that a nasty rumour?
    10-14-09 07:56 PM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD