something wierd is happening on my Storm...

I have an email address set up on it ***@verion.net

BIS calibrates it fine on my storm...the only thing is, with my other email adresses on my storm, i have an envelope with globe icon, my ***@verizon.net email has the envelope with the PURPLE Y for Yahoo...

sup wit dat?
    11-22-08 11:19 AM
    Mine does this too and I can't stand having that purple Y on my home screen, anyway to change the icon to something else?

Please there has to be a way!
    11-23-08 05:01 PM
    I'm having the same problem. Yahoo Icon coming up ONLY for my FIOS Verizon.net email. Been on the phone with Verizon all night and now on the phone with RIM... Any ideas anyone?
    11-25-08 09:06 PM
    Just hide your verizon folder, and use the main message folder.
    11-25-08 09:09 PM
    the Y is because YAHOO hosts Verizon's Email...i found that out from both RIM and VZW

Hope this helps...
    11-25-08 09:15 PM
    Yep! What ggefon said. The RIM guy told me that Verizon and Rogers have their emails hosted by Yahoo and this is why Yahoo's symbol comes up. It kind of sucks though because on my Pearl it didn't do that, but.. Whatever. As long as it sends and receives mail. Until the purple Y drives me insane.
    11-25-08 09:42 PM
    If that is the case, then I am even more confused.

I have 3 email accounts setup and two of them are verizon.net email addresses. One has a normal icon, and the other has a Yahoo icon. If Yahoo hosts their email and that prompts the "Y" icon, then why doesn't it do that to both of my accounts instead of only one?
    12-17-08 09:21 PM
    I have Verizon Fios too and always wondered about that damn "Y". I've grown to just get used to it because I know my verizon mail is in that folder. No biggie.
    12-17-08 09:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD