So today my family and I arrived in Cancun, Mexico and since most of us are addicted to our Blackberries we were wondering if Verizon would charge us more to use the data here in Cancun? An answer would be greatly appreciated.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-09 10:18 PM
    I returned from Cabo a few weeks ago. I called before I left and changed to an international global dataplan. I was told that it would very expensive otherwise. And even with this plan, texting is more expensive. We didnt do much phone calling, or texting while we were down there. I totally disabled texting on my kids phones for the time we were in Cabo.

You probably should call VW to discuss your options, or turn off all data on your phone, otherwise youll get an unpleasant surprise on your next bill.

good luck, have fun in Mexico
    08-16-09 10:27 PM
    Thanks for the help!

08-16-09 10:29 PM
    couple E-mails and a few web pages will run your bill up quick into the thousands...
    08-17-09 12:55 AM
    Upgrade your data plan to an international data plan. When you return just revert back to your regular plan and they will prorate it. A couple of weeks cost me $16 total. I forwarded my calls to my VoIP before I left and also didn't use text messaging as the calls will cost .99 a min and texts .50 each to receive and send. That is if you are on the international calling plan. Much cheaper then coming home and get a surprise in your email later on.
    08-17-09 09:06 PM
    Ask verizon for National Plan Plus Mexico.

08-17-09 11:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD