Just got off the phone with a Verizon rep and had quite the nice experience. Just like everyone else, I have called for my 5th time today to ask about the storm lol. He actually processed my plan upgrade (added data feature) over the phone and assured me that they would be calling me on Friday to process my order. I am placing my faith in this guy, so I am hoping this goes through. I was one of those that got the "VIP Sale" flyers in the mail and he knew that right off the bat. Soooooo, I suppose my question is this, do I trust Verizon enough to let them call on Friday, or do I try and call first? Thoughts?
    11-18-08 12:35 PM
    I placed my order for storm on Monday with DuLac upgrading two lines one for Storm other for LG Dare, I have asked him to ship Dare first, so he said will do it today.

So I suppose to receive Dare tomorrow, and I will tell how good they are then, and if I get my Storm on Saturday.
    11-18-08 12:43 PM
    I will just be happy if I get my order in for the Storm. With the way this is all panning out, I want to make sure I can get mine in this first wave. I wasn't really able to order mine today, but I was able to get my plan upgrade set and supposedly get a call on Friday. We'll see I suppose.
    11-18-08 12:47 PM
    Just got off the phone a little bit ago with my local verizon store, and they told me to just come in and I'd be able to pick one up no problem. She almost sounded like she couldn't believe I was calling to ask if I had to be on a list or not, like they were going to have boatloads of storms..
    11-18-08 12:48 PM
    JohnGlad - Are you a current customer or will you just be getting a new line? I was under the impression that current customers couldn't upgrade in stores.
    11-18-08 12:51 PM
    Current customer, going to be doing an early upgrade as I renewed my two year contract last year for a windows mobile device

JohnGlad - Are you a current customer or will you just be getting a new line? I was under the impression that current customers couldn't upgrade in stores.
    11-18-08 01:20 PM
    I placed my order for storm on Monday with DuLac upgrading two lines one for Storm other for LG Dare, I have asked him to ship Dare first, so he said will do it today.

So I suppose to receive Dare tomorrow, and I will tell how good they are then, and if I get my Storm on Saturday.
    I think DuLac is going to be the salesman of the month. LOL
    11-18-08 01:25 PM
    I think DuLac is going to be the salesman of the month. LOL

I just got off the phone with him as well....new service and a Storm!!
    11-18-08 01:27 PM
    I just got off the phone with him as well....new service and a Storm!!
    Are you guys getting the Storm on Friday or is it being mailed on Friday. My friend at work went in before the Dare came out to get a new phone because his broke. He was going to get the Voyager but the sales person told him to get the Dare and they showed him the demo version. The sales guys said he would ship it out on Wednesday (before it hit the stores) and he would receive it Friday (the day it came out). I am wondering why they can�t do that know with the Storm.

Do you have his number? Do you think he will be able to early upgrade the main line of my family plan that is up for an upgrade in Feb of 09?
    11-18-08 01:45 PM
    Be wary of the Verizon pre-order. Past experience ordering new phones through telesales with pre-order was not good. The phones shipped out late and I would have been better off getting one in the store. Even paying for overnight shipping doesn't help when the phones are immidietly on back order because they shipped them all to the stores. Happend with the Curve, Razr, Voyager.

It took 3 weeks to get my pre-ordered Curve that I paid extra for overnight shipping. They shipped it overnight once their distribution house got one in stock 3 weeks after launch. The problem is once you use your discounts to pre-order the phone you cant go into the store to get the device since your NE2 & 2 year contract is already used up. YMMV.

I'll be surprised if any pre-orders will have their phones before next week. If there is a rush on phones at the stores I'll be surprised if any telesales pre-orders get mailed their phones for weeks.
    11-18-08 02:06 PM
    Be wary of the Verizon pre-order. Past experience ordering new phones through telesales with pre-order was not good. The phones shipped out late and I would have been better off getting one in the store. Even paying for overnight shipping doesn't help when the phones are immidietly on back order because they shipped them all to the stores. Happend with the Curve, Razr, Voyager.

It took 3 weeks to get my pre-ordered Curve that I paid extra for overnight shipping. They shipped it overnight once their distribution house got one in stock 3 weeks after launch. The problem is once you use your discounts to pre-order the phone you cant go into the store to get the device since your NE2 & 2 year contract is already used up. YMMV.

I'll be surprised if any pre-orders will have their phones before next week. If there is a rush on phones at the stores I'll be surprised if any telesales pre-orders get mailed their phones for weeks.
    This is my first experience with VZW. If I wasn't going out of town on Friday I most likely would have gone to a local store. DuLac seems to know the game and I think he would be the first to tell you that telesales may run out quickly on Friday. We'll just have to see.
    11-18-08 02:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD