I'm going to go into how absolutely AMAZING Verizon customer service is I truly am blown away and I am a manager in customer service for a large corporation. I have had my Curve 8330 replaced 3-4 times under warranty for the same issues it randomly resetting, etc. I've spent countless hours on the phone with technical support about issues, etc.

Anyway finally technical support said they would honor me swapping out the phone for another PDA. Of course I wanted the Storm ad only the Storm so I asked if based on the circumstances could I swap out the Curve for the Storm. They decided that based on my tenure with Verizon and how many lines we have on my family plan they would make an exception!

Anyway yesterday I called to confirm this and the CSR girl before I even could tell her what my issue was cut me off saying, "we would never do that that's ridiculous you must be confused none of that is here on your account." And I went onto say that yes it is on my account I had called 4-5 times in the past and every single rep had said, YES, it's on your account.

So we went back and forth for 20 minutes I asked for supervisor she gave me his name but would not give me her last name, etc. I didn't raise my voice or use profanity at all, I just respectfully asked for her supervisor. Finally I called back and they next CSR said I was good to go with the swap, etc.

But later on yesterday about 7-8 hours later her supervisor called me out of Charleston, SC because he had listened to the call. He went on and on and on about how sorry he was and how the appropriate actions have been taken, and how Verizon does not want to lose me as a customer to AT&T. Because of course I said to the girl, "I switched to Verizon for the customer service and for a second I thought I called AT&T I might as well go back to them if this is how I'm going to be treated."

And he gave me his cell phone # and said that I will absolutely get my Curve swapped out for the Storm the day it's released and if they give me a hard time I can call him DIRECTLY from the store to make sure it's authorized!

THIS IS WHY I STICK WITH VERIZON!!

11-14-08 08:48 AM
    THAT's good customer service. Too bad the situation could have been avoided from the start though with better training or better screening of new hires.

They made it right though, that's all that matters in the end!
    11-14-08 08:56 AM
    Nice!!!!! That's sweet
    11-14-08 09:11 AM
    You should tell them that you're so appalled, that you demand a free Storm for your good friend Rob over at Crackberry...
    11-14-08 09:17 AM
    Great!! I hope you like the phone, and it doesn't give you any other probems.
    11-14-08 09:20 AM
    So the last thing you need to do is find that girl rep and introduce her to the slap-a-** tribe
    11-14-08 09:24 AM
    So the last thing you need to do is find that girl rep and introduce her to the slap-a-** tribe
    Oh, now that's classy. ^^^^

M.J.H., glad to hear you're getting your phone as promised. I regret leaving Verizon. Although neither carrier has great service in my area, VZW's CS has always been pretty good. It's AT&T's CS I could live without. Well either way, congrats. Make sure you let us know how everything works out for ya on Storm Day.
    11-14-08 01:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD