Watching Discovery, and not one, but TWO!!! commercials of the Verizon Blackberry Storm. It opens up with the narrator trying to figure out what all the hype is about. You see the back of the phone, and then when he turns it around, the screen goes to Storm clouds. I am so excited!!!!!!!
    10-15-08 08:14 PM
    They have been around for at least a week or so now and there are other threads about them. But ya, get excited!
    10-15-08 08:16 PM
    Sorry, I haven't been on the forums in a while.
    10-15-08 08:19 PM
    Yeah I saw them too! Pretty cool.

Now I'd really get excited with an OFFICIAL release date
    10-15-08 08:30 PM
    ahh watching time warp!!!! cool show. and yes cool commercial.
    10-15-08 08:35 PM
    You saw the commercial twice? or two different ones?
    10-15-08 08:42 PM
    Same commercial twice within 10 minutes of eachother. Timewarp is very cool show! And how about some pricing along with a release date!
    10-15-08 08:54 PM
    kind of random, but is that john krasinski's (jim on the office) voice in the commercial? i had timewarp on in the background and did a double take.
    10-15-08 09:06 PM
    ahh watching time warp!!!! cool show. and yes cool commercial.
    ...and Mythbusters! I never miss Mythbusters.
    10-16-08 07:09 AM
    I saw it on Hulu - Watch your favorites. Anytime. For free. while watching Fringe - :P
    10-16-08 08:58 AM
    I cannot believe there hasn't been a new commercial released yet!! WTF VZW, are you really that ignorant?? Like someone said in an earlier post in another thread, its a miracle their network is as good as it is!! However, I see Curve and Pearl commercials galore....not to mention the pitiful a$$ Samsung Glide! What happened to this ENORMOUS marketing push we heard about?? 2-3 weeks out from the "speculated" release and we still have this guy on TV trying to figure it out what it is. Maybe he should check out Kev's Storm All-in-one page!!!!
    10-16-08 11:05 AM
    I cannot believe there hasn't been a new commercial released yet!! WTF VZW, are you really that ignorant?? Like someone said in an earlier post in another thread, its a miracle their network is as good as it is!! However, I see Curve and Pearl commercials galore....not to mention the pitiful a$$ Samsung Glide! What happened to this ENORMOUS marketing push we heard about?? 2-3 weeks out from the "speculated" release and we still have this guy on TV trying to figure it out what it is. Maybe he should check out Kev's Storm All-in-one page!!!!
    We've gotten more Vodaphone lovin' regarding the Storm than we have VZW. How sad is that?
    10-16-08 11:14 AM
    We've gotten more Vodaphone lovin' regarding the Storm than we have VZW. How sad is that?
    No doubt! Leave it to a bunch of Americans to piggyback someone else's marketing!! (Yes, I'm American and I love the USA before anyone gets started ) I was really pumped about the commercials they could and would come out with. You name a device the "Storm" and you come out with a FOG commercial!! GEEZ! Perhaps I'm a little hard on them being I have a marketing and advertising degree....nah.....they just suck!
    10-16-08 11:23 AM
    No doubt! Leave it to a bunch of Americans to piggyback someone else's marketing!! (Yes, I'm American and I love the USA before anyone gets started ) I was really pumped about the commercials they could and would come out with. You name a device the "Storm" and you come out with a FOG commercial!! GEEZ! Perhaps I'm a little hard on them being I have a marketing and advertising degree....nah.....they just suck!
    ROFL Pholey!! I couldn't agree more. Unless they have some wham-bam-fan-tastic thing planned for the next couple of weeks. ??
    10-16-08 11:33 AM
    ROFL Pholey!! I couldn't agree more. Unless they have some wham-bam-fan-tastic thing planned for the next couple of weeks. ??
    Yeah, I hope you're right! I'm sick of seeing a different iPhone commercial every day and have the same lame Storm commercial running. I really thought VZW would run with this advertising-wise....so far a disappointment. Guess they are throwing all their advertising in a 2-3 week period to get people interested. Who knows, maybe their marketing software has been delayed and isn't ready to release!! (BOLD ) haha
    10-16-08 11:42 AM
    Yeah, I hope you're right! I'm sick of seeing a different iPhone commercial every day and have the same lame Storm commercial running.
    Yeah that is a bit annoying. AND to make matters worse, the iPhone ones are the height of simplicity... showcasing a feature of the phone as it would appear to the user. VZW's answer? "Here's the back of the Storm."

Who knows, maybe their marketing software has been delayed and isn't ready to release!! (BOLD ) haha
    I've been thinking that and trying to put it out of my mind. I'd really be disappointed if that were the case.
    10-16-08 11:57 AM
    I don't care if this is ripping off Apple or not but...

How about a commercial where you see a guy at a hotel conference room. Have folks around him saying stuff like, "Oh man, this one's going to last all day" and then a shot of his Storm with the battery low warning. He pops out the battery, puts in a charged one and goes back to the meeting.

Then you have a guy looking at some kind of stock quotes as he's browsing the web. He cuts and pastes a particular one and is shown emailing the copied stock quote to "Corporate HQ" or some such address.

You show a teenaged kid listening to music on it. Another kid comes in and says, "Hey wanna watch a movie?" You see the first kid swap out the memory card and they start watching some movie.

You see where I'm going with this. Any of the above examples could be varied to show business/personal use. Show people why they should buy a Storm instead of an iPhone no matter what use the phone will get.
    10-16-08 01:08 PM
    I don't care if this is ripping off Apple or not but...

How about a commercial where you see a guy at a hotel conference room. Have folks around him saying stuff like, "Oh man, this one's going to last all day" and then a shot of his Storm with the battery low warning. He pops out the battery, puts in a charged one and goes back to the meeting.

Then you have a guy looking at some kind of stock quotes as he's browsing the web. He cuts and pastes a particular one and is shown emailing the copied stock quote to "Corporate HQ" or some such address.

You show a teenaged kid listening to music on it. Another kid comes in and says, "Hey wanna watch a movie?" You see the first kid swap out the memory card and they start watching some movie.

You see where I'm going with this. Any of the above examples could be varied to show business/personal use. Show people why they should buy a Storm instead of an iPhone no matter what use the phone will get.
    Those are great ideas!

You should e-mail the ad department at VZW - :P
    10-16-08 01:10 PM
    Those are great ideas!

You should e-mail the ad department at VZW - :P
    Heheh... thanks... somehow I don't think they'd take me seriously.
    10-16-08 01:18 PM
    Heheh... thanks... somehow I don't think they'd take me seriously.
    Yeah, if they think the back of the phone is a great pull, they probably wouldn't. I think those are great ideas personally haha.
    10-16-08 03:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD