I purchased an app the other day that said it was storm compatible. I couldn't get it to work at all so i decided to contact the developer to see if maybe i was doing something wrong. What I got was a very interesting response. In short they basically stated that the app only works on the storm 9500 and not the Verizon 9530. They said that verizon is blocking the software from working within their version of the OS. Now here is the question... Can i download the vodafone version delete the vendor.xml file and then have the program work?

BTW: the software is berryannoying so stay away for now if your a 9530 user. I also asked if they had plans of making a 9530 compatible version and they said it wasn't possible...
    11-24-08 05:49 PM
    wow third page after an hour... This forum moves fast. Anyone think this could solve my issues?
    11-24-08 07:08 PM
    I wouldn't risk it. Only beacuse the 9500 does not have a CDMA radio and by installing it, you may disable that radio.
    11-24-08 07:17 PM
    weird, never heard of that. no idea.. -bump for help-
    11-24-08 07:17 PM
    Ya me neither thats why its so puzzling to me. They offered me a full refund of the $4 or whatever it was so I don't think they are trying to screw me... They also worded the email in such a way that they where almost suggesting to me I could/Should switch to the voda software...
    11-24-08 07:27 PM
    umm.. if its carrier locked down they cant do anything about it much if its written right into the OS...

I wouldn't install the Voda version at all.... Actually I am not even sure if it would let you do it to be honest.
    11-24-08 07:36 PM
    damn thats sucks... So why would verizon "block" berryannoying an app that stops the phone shutter sound?
    11-24-08 07:37 PM
    "Note: Effectiveness of BerryAnnoying may vary based on the type of device. BerryAnnoying WILL NOT WORK on CDMA devices (xx30 models). Please try out the trial version to determine how well BerryAnnoying will work for your device!"

Can some developer/programmer expain what an app that supress the camera shutter sound on a phone possibly have to do with what type of radio the phone has in it, i.e. CDMA, GSM etc.?
    11-24-08 08:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD