Hi All,

I use Verizon's BIS to setup all my email accounts and I have the following question.

Is there a way to change a setting to have one of the email accounts only process the mail during certain hours?

For instance, if I do not want my work email account to process my email after Friday at 5pm but restart it on Monday at 8am, is there a way to do that? I can always setup redirector but I wanted to know if there was another option.

Thanks!
    08-02-09 08:48 PM
    As far as I am aware there is really no way to do it with BIS. I am not sure if you are aware, but you can setup alert profiles in your BB so that only certain email boxes will sound an alert when you have that alert profile active, but of course you must set your device to that sound profile, and that will not be automatic.

Sorry I could not be of more help.
    08-02-09 09:03 PM
    I agree with USSZulu I haven't figure anything out that works better than sound profiles. Getting spam in the middle of the night sucks!
    08-02-09 09:46 PM
    As far as I am aware there is really no way to do it with BIS. I am not sure if you are aware, but you can setup alert profiles in your BB so that only certain email boxes will sound an alert when you have that alert profile active, but of course you must set your device to that sound profile, and that will not be automatic.

Sorry I could not be of more help.
    You were a lot of help by being able to confirm my thoughts. I could setup the sound profile but I look in my Messages box when I get any mail so I'd see it anyway.

Thanks for the reply.
    08-03-09 08:03 AM
    I agree with USSZulu I haven't figure anything out that works better than sound profiles. Getting spam in the middle of the night sucks!
    I am pne of the few BB users who actually turn the phone to silent at night. It was the only way my wife would let me get one!

Thanks for the reply.
    08-03-09 08:04 AM
    Hmmm I always set my phone to phone calls only while I sleep. Just in case its an emergency...I sleep perfectly!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-09 12:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD