For the last day or so I have not been able to get a 1XEV signal on my Storm (9530) in North and Central NJ...

I usually get a 1xev or a 1x signal...

Is anyone aware of Verizon problems or Storm OS issues?

FYI - I am running v5.0.0.328 (Platform 4.2.0.128)...

GO JETS!!!!
    01-09-10 02:25 PM
    Try doing a *228 option 2 from your phone, that may help.
    01-09-10 03:02 PM
    From Patches:

1XEV = full voice and data connection (3G data essentially), and RIM connection

1X = 2G connection (voice network only, will run data at dialup speed basically), RIM connection

1xev = full 3G coverage voice/data, but no RIM connection

1x = full 2G connection, data ran on voice network, dialup speeds, no RIM connection

RIM hosts the data for email, BBM, native browser, and some other stuff...if you have caps, you have RIM server connection. if you don't have caps, you have network coverage, and any non-RIM hosted data apps (3rd party browsers mostly) will still work
    01-09-10 03:29 PM
    Great reply "Grey" All good info!!!
    01-09-10 03:41 PM
    Don't feel bad..... Our signal has been messed up the last week or so too. And the voice is all crackly~ Hopefully they'll get it fixed soon.
    01-09-10 03:46 PM
    Mine was doing the same thing, but did improve after dialing *228 Option 2.
    01-09-10 09:31 PM
    Its all good here in California, no issues signal in past days or months, only email delay for some hours couple weeks ago that's it, play with network selection mode or try *228 dial 1 to get signal from near by towers Or something up in your area maybe there updating towers.....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-09-10 10:21 PM
    From Patches:

1XEV = full voice and data connection (3G data essentially), and RIM connection

1X = 2G connection (voice network only, will run data at dialup speed basically), RIM connection

1xev = full 3G coverage voice/data, but no RIM connection

1x = full 2G connection, data ran on voice network, dialup speeds, no RIM connection

RIM hosts the data for email, BBM, native browser, and some other stuff...if you have caps, you have RIM server connection. if you don't have caps, you have network coverage, and any non-RIM hosted data apps (3rd party browsers mostly) will still work
    I beg to differ. On 1xev there is no data connection at all. I only get data connection on 1x or 1XEV.
    01-09-10 11:49 PM
    I beg to differ. On 1xev there is no data connection at all. I only get data connection on 1x or 1XEV.
    I wouldn't bet my life on this, but my understanding (as I referenced, coming from Patches) is that 1xev technically has a full 3G coverage of both voice and data as it relates to Verizon, but you have lost the RIM connection, so you're going to be operating seriously hampered.
    01-10-10 11:45 AM
    SOLUTION" return to factory default.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-10 12:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD