I was wondering what reasons people have been using to return their Storm, such as screen click,etc. I would like to return it as I have a screen click issue and wondering if that will be enough to get me a new phone. Also, do they give me a new phone or a fixed one? Thanks.
    04-29-09 09:01 AM
    I have returned two Storms so far and did so within 3 weeks of getting the first one. My reason was that my storm was constanly locking up and the home screen had a split display and the VZW rep even had a chance to see it in person. I have to say that they were very good about replacing my phones on each occasion. I think if yiou go in there, be polite, and exlpain the issue and make it very clear that you are very disatisfied, they will replace it. Good luck.
    04-29-09 09:06 AM
    I was wondering what reasons people have been using to return their Storm, such as screen click,etc. I would like to return it as I have a screen click issue and wondering if that will be enough to get me a new phone. Also, do they give me a new phone or a fixed one? Thanks.
    Wouldn't you want a "FIXED" one ? I am not trying to be funny, just asking. These people that on their 6 or 7 Storm but wouldn't take a Fixed "refurb" phone amazes me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-09 09:14 AM
    Also, do they give me a new phone or a fixed one?
    It just depends. Sometimes they will give you a new one. Sometimes they will give you a refurb or "fixed" on as you call it.
    04-29-09 10:23 AM
    "rerurning" a Storm?
    04-29-09 11:26 AM
    lol I was just going to say that
    04-29-09 11:46 AM
    "rerurning" a Storm?
    Ha ha! Funniest response I've seen in quite a while!!
    04-29-09 11:48 AM
    if it's within 30 days you don't need a reason at all...
    04-29-09 11:51 AM
    its not within 30 days, past it
    04-29-09 12:22 PM
    its not within 30 days, past it
    well you're still good with the screen click reason, they should give you a new one without any hassle

note that I said "should" not "will"
    04-29-09 12:24 PM
    does it matter what 3rd party apps are on your phone if you want to return it? most of my calls dont even go through anymore...sometimes it vibrates and rings but i get the stupid hour glass. been trying to wait for new software but damn this is tough...
    04-29-09 12:28 PM
    does it matter what 3rd party apps are on your phone if you want to return it? most of my calls dont even go through anymore...sometimes it vibrates and rings but i get the stupid hour glass. been trying to wait for new software but damn this is tough...
    no, it shouldn't matter...but if you really want to play it safe, just take them off
    I would however downgrade to .75 if you're running something else
    04-29-09 12:31 PM
    i am running .75.

thats probably the problem!
    05-01-09 09:32 AM
    Wouldn't you want a "FIXED" one ? I am not trying to be funny, just asking. These people that on their 6 or 7 Storm but wouldn't take a Fixed "refurb" phone amazes me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    actualy, im on my 5th and need aleast one more b.c my screen barely clicks and ppl cant here me on the other side of the phone. but the "fixed" phones have been worse then the ones ive sent back. it gets worse every time basicly and now my screen came with 2 HUGE gashes on it and i have no idea how that happened because before i sent one back i tested it with NAILS and a big KNIFE and tried to scratch the screen as hard as i could and guess what, no scratches. but now one that has gashes in it and the one previously sent back had scratches too? Im thinking they just peel off a sticker on the screen and the screen gets thinner and thinner every time when they "fix/refurb" it.

So yea id rather a brand new one because the refurb doesnt do anything, they shine it up, downgrade the os, wipe it and send it right back out to the storm owner whos been having problems since day one.
    05-01-09 09:48 AM
    I just got a replacement storm last week. My first storm "mysteriously" got a small crack in the screen and the "q","a" and "123" button stopped working when texting/emailing, but only in landscape with the hard buttons on the right. it was odd. i went into the VZW store and the guy up front with the clipboard said "cracks are bad...". after talking to the guy behind the counter, they sent me a refurb at no cost! I was well out of the 30 days, i had bought it in December.
    05-01-09 10:02 AM
    outside 30 days = refurb most likely. but if all you're having is screen click issus, then use a T6 torx and turn back the screw about 1/4 turn... just the viewable one, dont worry about the one under the sticker.

I have done that with about 5 phones for coworkers (not to mention my own), and they have thanked me, saying it feels like a new phone.

I may take a little fine-tuning, since it's easy to over/under loosen, but it definitely works.
    05-01-09 11:29 AM
    The best way to get a phone replaced is to say that it is randomly shutting off on you. Auto reset / crash. If a tech in a store gives you issue because they cant replicate the problem (most wont even bother) then just call care. They'll ship you out a CLNR (formerly known as a fru) to you in two business days.
    05-01-09 01:11 PM
    What is "call care"? Also, what is a CLNR? Is that a new phone?
    05-01-09 02:41 PM
    What is "call care"? Also, what is a CLNR? Is that a new phone?
    I meant by "call care" to call into customer care. A CLNR is a "Certified Like New Replacement". Its the phone that you get if your out of your 30 days and you have issues with it. It "goes thru a 100 point test" before it reaches your hands....hehe.
    05-01-09 04:24 PM
    mine keeps frezzing and i told them that if they did get me a new one i was just going to go get a iphone and they ran into the back and got me a new one right there lol
    05-01-09 05:00 PM
    bigstuck- who do i call for customer care, blackberry? telus? thnx

texastycoon- where did u get ur phone from, cuz i got mine from an "authorized" dealer in a small town and i knew more about the phones than they did. im thinkin i might have issues convincing them to give me a brand new one. lol
    05-01-09 05:07 PM
    I would get a Curve replacement. You can never go wrong with that phone right there. I keep that one as my sidekick when the Storm lets me down
    05-01-09 05:14 PM
    I had a hard time getting a replacement. Often times people couldn't hear me and would say I'd cut in and out or that my voice sounded muffled. One VZW store rep tried to tell me it's because I'm calling people on other carriers???
    Last edited by vllssv; 05-01-09 at 05:36 PM.
    05-01-09 05:33 PM
    My Talk ('green phone') button fell out. A bit of KrazyGlue held it for a week until it fell out again. Took it in Tuesday night and had a new phone on the porch when I got home from work last night.
    05-01-09 06:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD