So I'm under the impression that I should be able to use the storm as a jump drive to store word documents on, take them with me to a computer lab, transfer files, so on and so forth. However, I seem to not be able to do this. I plug in the phone via USB, computer recognizes it, I see it in Windows Explorer, yet, that's about as far as I can get.

It asks to install some software, I say no because it's the school's computer. Now, I've installed the software on my home PC so it makes sense that it works there but now on this lab PC I cannot view any files.

I see both drives. Device memory, and Media Card. I know I have files on the Media Card but it shows no folders, no files, nothing. On Device Memory, I see a Music folder with my custom MP3 ringtone. Why would this show up and nothing else? So I try to get sneaky sneaky with it and copy my Word documents (which are saved as 97-2003 docs instead 2007's docx to be safe) into this music folder, and yet .. All I see is the same mp3 file!

What gives? Having a phone as a USB storage device was a HUGE thing for me. Is it the Blackberry's fault, or perhaps the lab computers?
    11-26-08 09:16 AM
    Try this:

On your blackberry, go to Options/Memory

-Make sure Mass Storage Mode Support is ON
    -Make sure Auto Enable Mass Store Mode When Connected is YES

See if that works.
    11-26-08 09:20 AM
    Oh my goodness that works thank you so much!
    11-26-08 09:24 AM
    Outstanding. What a cool feature.

I was using the Desktop Manager to transfer files to the device in a group of folders created by the software, but I did notice the music folder option when connected.

Thakns for the help.
    12-01-08 10:34 PM
    i cant see you tube videos on my storm can anyone help i just get a black screen with nothing playing.. im in the uk and have the phone unlocked on t mobile, may be a service book problem or something, i called t mobile and they sent me the latest service books but still nothing.. can anyone help!!!!!!!!!
    12-06-08 08:58 AM
    i cant see you tube videos on my storm can anyone help i just get a black screen with nothing playing.. im in the uk and have the phone unlocked on t mobile, may be a service book problem or something, i called t mobile and they sent me the latest service books but still nothing.. can anyone help!!!!!!!!!
    have you tried going to m.youtube.com, the youtube mobile site?
    12-08-08 10:03 PM
    So how does everyone like the storm? Are there any website that we can download vidoes or anthing of that nature. I found one but the clarity of the vids are garbage....
    12-09-08 12:28 PM
    Use http://m.youtube.com for YouTube videos it has several videos. I have had my Storm since day one of the launch. Had to keep from taking it back after the first few days. Accelerometer was awful. Screen locked up daily. QWERTY key board is not for fat fingers. Downloaded the first upgrade Thursday which fixed several of the issues. This is my four Blackberry, my last was the 8830 so this was a huge difference. There is no doubt in my mind that RIM will have updates as soon as possible. I like the Storm it takes getting used too though.
    Last edited by Macarunni; 12-09-08 at 09:29 PM.
    12-09-08 09:21 PM
    I love the phone, its a bit laggy but i hope this will all be sorted out with new firmware updates. But over all I am happy.
    12-09-08 11:28 PM
    You can transfer media--pix, music, etc.--to & fro your Storm, 8830, Curve, and/or Pearl WHILE on the Phone...Talking... Ha.

Easy.

12-12-08 07:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD