First, let me say that I have read previous threads about this but couldn't find an answer (I don't want anyone yelling at me to read other threads...haha).

Anyway, I am trying to use the storm as a modem but my internet isn't connecting. I put +CGDCONT=1,"IP","internet" as the APN for Verizon. Is this correct or is this for other services? Thanks for the help.
    03-06-09 01:35 PM
    you dont need to put ANYTHING for the apn. and you need to install vzaccess manager and pay for thethering OR get tetherberry
    03-06-09 01:43 PM
    there is software from verizon you have to use and pay for ( or course )... because even with an unlimited data plan somehow the data you use when in modem mode is somehow mysteriously different from the data used on your unlimited data plan... f verizon
    03-06-09 01:45 PM
    there is software from verizon you have to use and pay for ( or course )... because even with an unlimited data plan somehow the data you use when in modem mode is somehow mysteriously different from the data used on your unlimited data plan... f verizon

That is crazy that they charge. I just switched from T-mobile to Verizon, and I didn't have to pay for anything extra. Do you know how much they charge?
    03-06-09 01:55 PM
    It wall depends on what Data plan you have for your BlackBerry. If you have the $29.99 data plan, thethering is $29.99. If you have the $44.99 data plan, thethering is $14.99. So either way they are making the same amount of money off of you.
    03-06-09 02:14 PM
    ^^ wow is this for real. I just switched to Verizon from Sprint, company is going to Verizon for some reason. So I have unlimited data, texting, and minutes but this does not include the phone as a modem service?
    03-06-09 02:43 PM
    Get Tetherberry!!!!
    03-06-09 02:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD