I am subscribed to several high-volume mailing lists, and have received a complaint from one of the other users on one of the lists because my email replies don't thread properly. Many desktop email clients can thread messages by the In-Reply-To email header (which has the Message-iD header value of the message being immediately replied to), and/or the References email header (which has the message IDs of the parent message, the grandparent, etc). Unfortunately, although inbound mail includes the Message-iD header, the BlackBerry email client does not create either the In-Reply-To header or References header when replying to a message. As a result, when messages are displayed in a tree, threaded by Message-ID, my replies don't show up as replies as far as threading is concerned, although they do have the Re: prefix on the subject line.

Does anyone know of a way to force the In-Reply-To header and/or the References header to be created when replying to an email message, whether by setting some BlackBerry option or using a third-party app?
    08-24-10 10:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD