Hi
    I'm thinking of buying a storm I know the storm 2 is out soon(ish) but I'm just gonna buy the original as I don't have thousands of pounds lying around to spend but before I buy I need to know if an unlocked one of these will work on orange uk as I have heard they can have problems with t mobile I did search before posting thanks in advanced

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-09 03:32 AM
    just got back from two weeks in UK, took out my Bell sim card day i got there, put a sim card in from orange, worked flawlessly, and very reasonable pricing, about the only thing over there priced decent i might add...for 15 lbs i got sim card and full functionality, phone, email, all data services, and my google maps finally worked over there, right down to 3 meters on my location, i got the storm 9530
    07-29-09 04:46 AM
    Nice and I think u mean � lol not lbs I've just told my mum I'm getting a new berry and she wasn't impressed I've only had this one a few months I think ill wait till atleast my warranty is over

07-29-09 05:11 AM
    I have a storm on Orange, it works perfectly fine, only thing is it will not work on 3G but on GPRS. You will get all your usual blackberry functionality; email, bb msgr etc, but you will not be able to run youtube app but could always use the browser I guess.
    07-29-09 05:36 AM
    Well I currently have the 8900 so that doesn't have 3g so I'm used to a bit slower connection but it would be nice to have 3g so do u know if there are anyways to the full speed?
    Edit: or is this just because orange have really bad signal and don't offer 3g anywhere resonable
    Last edited by slaming; 07-29-09 at 06:29 AM.
    07-29-09 06:04 AM
    I have been running my storm on Orange Uk since March and its all working fine.

What I did was run the back-up thing in DM from my old (orange) blackberry curve and then it imported all the relevant settings over to the storm to make it fully functional.

Hope this helps
    07-29-09 07:41 AM
    Yep that's a great help I now just have to wait till my warantys out then my mum might let me buy one lol

07-29-09 08:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD