I have a storm 9530. I have a 2gb memory card. Im wondering how I get my songs from my computer to my blackberry.

I should also say this phone was givin to me so i dont have the computer programs that may or may not (i dont know if it matters) be needed to get songs onto my blackberry.

HELP!
    01-23-10 07:08 PM
    plug your berry into your computer, open files to view, take the songs from where you have them saved, and move them over to the music file on your berry. you really should get a bigger sd card imho
    01-23-10 07:11 PM
    i have itunes and it wont seem to let me click and drag from itunes. and i cant find where the file that has those songs is.

how big do you think I should get? 8 gb?
    01-23-10 07:16 PM
    8 gig is good. I have 356 mp3s and 100 pics on it and have almost 5GB still free
    01-23-10 07:20 PM
    It should give u the option on the dm when u click the media icon it will ask if u wanna sync ur itunes,well it does on dm 5.0

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-10 07:21 PM
    And 8gb cards come with the storm

01-23-10 07:22 PM
    And 8gb cards come with the storm

1: He got it as a gift so he probably doesn't have the 8gig that came with the storm

2: He states he doesn't have the software that comes with the storm so he can't use that with his itunes.

OP, all you should have to do is make sure you storm is in mass storage mode by going to options>memory>mass storage mode on or prompt. Then plug your phone into the computer via USB and once the drivers install, you can open the drive that is the SD card. As long as the songs are located on your computer you can drag them from their location to the folder you open for the SD card. Note that you cannot drag them from itunes. If you bought music from itunes then just drag that music from your my music folder>itunes to the SD card.
    Last edited by amavit; 01-23-10 at 08:52 PM.
    01-23-10 08:50 PM
    He uses itunes. So that may be an issue. For regular songs you rip off a CD you can just drag and drop. Itune songs are protected so that may be an issue.

16gb is good too and I think that may be the limit for the storm I do not remember. Some devices are limited to 16GB.

All the software like the DM can be loaded off the internet from RIM or verizon.

You could also try verizon rhapsody to load songs but be careful. You can use it for free if you do not buy any songs but when you are installing it, it is easy to answer the wrong questions and get setup for a monthly charge to download songs even if you do not download any. It happed to me once and I never remember clicking yes to it.

Rhapsody does wierd things to some songs. It kept losing my album art and stuff. But it seems to work most of the time.

But just draging from explorer seems to work fine too with the media card set to options - memory-media card support ON -Media Transfer Protocol ON - Mass Storage Mode support ON - Auto enable Mass storage Mode when connecte ON.
    01-23-10 10:14 PM
    Ya just google blackberry it'll take u right to the main site you'll be able to find the desktop manager I'll get the link and post it when I get to my laptop

01-23-10 10:24 PM
    01-23-10 10:27 PM
    I just wanted to say the the title of this thread made me lol.

Someone had to say it...
    01-23-10 10:40 PM
    Lol ya I thought I miss read it I wasn't gonna say nothin lol but ur right I was rollin

01-23-10 11:32 PM
    What you guys never whipped out your sandick on somebody. He he

01-24-10 08:32 AM
    Ya just google blackberry it'll take u right to the main site you'll be able to find the desktop manager I'll get the link and post it when I get to my laptop

This was my thoughts...then someone posted the link so you are good.

01-24-10 09:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD