Customer Feedback for BlackBerry Storm Improvements

I have to imagine a similar list already exists, but if not I have set this one up as a dumping ground for improvements that I would like to see. Go ahead and vote or add your own. Crackberry, if you want to co-op this and brand it crackberry, fine by me.

If you know of another user vote list that already has this please let me know! I just want to dump my list of improvements somewhere in hopes that RIM farms some of the feedback.

Here is what the list is seeded with:

* Option to close all other applications
    Sometimes you just get to switching between so many things that you end up with 10 applications running. It would be nice to have an option to close all but current. This would go though all applications that support closing and close them in the background. It would allow people to free up the resources and keep the phone nimble with makes for happy customers.

* Change the Hang Up Call button to "close" applications
    With all the concerns over having multiple applications open at the same time it would be nice to assign one of the buttons to "close" the application in question. The end call button appears to duplicate the escape key functionality. Lets make the end call button close the application.

* Integrate password vault in to web browser
    So many sites, so many passwords to remember, such a pain to have to type over and over. It would be a lot easier to use if the passwords were automatically stored and fetched from the password vault application on the storm.

* Addressbook tabs just like the icon suggests
    With 200+ contacts, the default scroll view is a pain to use. It would be a lot easier if I could single click by starting letter vs using the search box. This would allow for a complete finger select model vs having to switch to using the virtual keyboard.

* Gesture support for tabbing between form fields
    It is rather difficult to click between fields on a form without spending time zooming in first. If I had a gesture to "tab" between fields it would make filling out forms a lot easier

* GPG certificate support
    GPG support with the ability to both create and import keys from file. This would make black berry to black berry encrypted end to end email seamless for everyone, not just corporations that manage key servers.

* Ability to import Certificates from the file system
    It would allow for end use managed certificates for encrypted email which would rock!

* Filter contacts by message type when selecting to:
    If I choose to send a pin mail, only show contacts that have pins in the to: suggest field. Same for other message tiypes. Only show them if the contact supports that format.

* Subscribe to feed option in browser
    If the site has default feed it would be nice to see a menu item to surf that feed directly. That would make a lot of sites easire to browse. Especially if you have an indicator on screen that the feed exists.
    Last edited by babsberry; 12-02-08 at 08:24 AM. Reason: turned in to url
    11-30-08 04:20 PM
    Kinetic scrolling
    11-30-08 04:50 PM
    1. Ability to answer phone reliably (physical green button, or via screen) without phone lagging and rotating into oblivion.
    2. Manual suspend. Other BBs and phones have it, why not the Storm with it's gorgeous but battery-sucking screen?
    3. Media player that won't freeze up randomly
    4. A working camera/video application that won't freeze up randomly
    5. Large (e.g., full screen) photo for caller ID
    6. Two-way Gmail IMAP synchronization of read/unread/delete (BIS, but not Storm specific)
    Edit:
    7. Youtube/Flash capability
    8. Customizable themes
    9. Ability to lock portrait/landscape view
    Last edited by buxleyp; 11-30-08 at 04:57 PM.
    11-30-08 04:55 PM
    Sound profiles that stay the way you set them...like on every other blackberry.

Oh...and everything mentioned above. Good list!
    11-30-08 04:58 PM
    buxlep,

Flash support works fine for me from m.youtube.com

Looks like the random freezes may be fixed in the latest update...
    11-30-08 05:10 PM
    buxlep,

Flash support works fine for me from m.youtube.com

Looks like the random freezes may be fixed in the latest update...
    Negative, m.youtube.com provides a streaming 3gp file that's far inferior to the regular flash site (search forum for other similar gripes). I want true flash support, whether it be integrated into the browser or a stand-alone app, whether it be from VZW, RIM, or youtube itself.

The latest .75 update has not fixed random freezing from the media and camera app. It's gotten better (slightly more responsive and fewer problems, but not what I would call rock solid), so hopefully future updates will fix this.
    11-30-08 05:17 PM
    I would like typing to not lag as much. I would be able to type pretty quickly, but the screen still lags behind my key strokes, even in .75. Also, when typing in the BB Browser (facebook.com, etc.) it's exceptionally laggy and quite annoying to make a post.

Other than that, I can't think of too much else right now. I'm looking forward to them increasing the speed and making things more stable. This is a nice step in the right direction.
    11-30-08 05:28 PM
    HEY hows getting RIM to get the Storm to WORK RIGHT FIRST before worrying about silly add ons sound ?
    Id love not having to press the send key four times to get my phone to answer, my screen to stop flipping around constantly when I am not even using the phone and last but not least how about locking the screen when a call is in progress so I am not muting or activating the speaker phone!

THIS IS ALL I WANT.. PLEASE!
    11-30-08 05:34 PM
    i like how the end call button just brings you to the home screen instead of closing the program. i'll constantly be in the browser and get a txt so i will easily hit the end call button and click messages, then do the same for the browser and it is exactly where i left it

But that is the only thing i dissagree with, everything else i would love to have, Especially a lag free Camera! I'm embarrased to have anyone use it to take a picture of me!
    11-30-08 05:35 PM
    MANUAL SCREEN SUSPEND

This saves so much battery life its insane not to have. I had an 8830 before my Storm and i would ALWAYS hit the power button twice to get the screen to go black immediatly because why would i want my phone to waste battery lighting up the screen when i'm not even looking at it!
    11-30-08 05:39 PM
    Abilty to lock portrait landscape view.
    This has got to be the single most annoying thing about this handset.

Touch screen send/end call. Cheapo LG phones even have this feature. I was very suprised when RIM did not write this into the OS. It's like building a car but forgeting to install the transmission.

Kill All Applications screen.

Ability to run installed apps from removeable memory. It's obvious that the 1gb of internal memory isn't enough to run a device of this stature, with such a robust operating system. Either slim down the OS or allow the OS use virtual memory from the 8GB card to keep it from locking up. Every technician that I've worked with says that memory allocation is the biggest problem with the 9530 and that this function needs to be modified to avoid less consumer churn.
    11-30-08 05:49 PM
    Storm 2 with a 4" screen higher res. and more app memory
    11-30-08 05:51 PM
    I have to reiterate on the most annoying issue I've had so far (listed above):

IT MUST HAVE THE ABILITY TO LOCK THE SCREEN WHEN I'M TALKING ON THE PHONE. MY FAT CHEEKS KEEP ACTIVATING SPEAKER PHONE!!! DID THEY NOT TEST THIS ON REAL PEOPLE???
    12-06-08 12:02 AM
    I can never remember everything, but here are the main things on my mind:

1) Speed up the camera! I understand the time to focus, but once you push the button to actually take the picture it should take it as soon as you push the button instead of sometime later.

2) Have the option to disable the accelerometer and manually set the orientation.

3) Fix the custom ring tone settings so that when the phone rings it goes right to the ringtone instead of giving a regular ring then going into the custom tone...if it changes at all.

4) Higher capacity battery would be nice, though I can do with carrying the spare.

5) Ability to choose between click or tap, preferably by program.

6) Fix the BB Maps GPS bug that causes BB Maps to go into eternal sat search and/or reboot.
    12-06-08 12:17 AM
    Ability to delete all calls from call Log by way of Highlight... not view folder method
    12-06-08 12:28 AM
    Great suggestions. Everyone is valid and SHOULD have been included with the original release rather than the focus on being "first" to the market. Too Micsosoft-esque!
    12-06-08 07:36 PM
    I'll agree with the ability to lock portrait or landscape.

Also, why can't we have landscape backgrounds? That seems ludicrous to me.

Those are my only real annoyances, but I agree with some of the above as well just because they'd be good additions
    12-06-08 07:40 PM
    My only complaints are ones that I've always had with berries which is the flash browser or lack of. Any thing else dosnt really bug me. I bought the phone based on what it is not what it could be. Optimism in the electronics world never works.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-08 08:01 PM
    it would be really awesome if huge companies would take our input into consideration.
    12-06-08 08:08 PM
    from the dial pad screen allowing you to type on the dial pad someones name and it pulls up matching contacts. Too many steps to dial a contact.
    12-07-08 08:31 PM
    Well since this is my first BB i maybe just completely out of line but id like to see:

1) better custom profiles. And the ability to reject calls from anonymous or blocked users.
    2) More than 9 speed dials. This just seems like a joke.
    3) Video playback and video camera problems fixed
    4) Lock phone during calls to prevent the speakerphone being activated
    5) Ability to see todays calendar events on the home screen
    6) Ability to seperated call logs by Recieved calls, Missed Calls, Dialed calls with tabs
    7) Ability to turn off accelerometer
    8) Larger photo id's

i think thats all i can think of for right now. LOL if im wrong with any of these please let me know how they can be achieved
    12-07-08 08:58 PM
    1) my solution to fixing the issue with pressing mute while shouldering the phone would be to put a small button somewhere on the screen, it would be the only button on the screen and t would say "unlock" then when you hit it, it brings up the phone menu. then your alot less likely to hit the buttons, sicne there would only be one small one instead of a bunch of big onces.

2) be able to lock the phone in portrait for homescreen and especially incoming call mode.

3) the ability to use suretype multitap. and add predictive text like itap to multitap.

4) ***** The ability to keep BIS and BES mail seperate. Combined in messages is OK, but they should both also be able to have their own mailbox icon that keeps them seperate. ****

5) *** The ability to search for contacts based on numbers. So if i enter 973-34, it would show me all contacts that have numbers starting with 973-34. this is a huge feature i miss from windows mobile. if someone called from 212-345-1331 and i didnt know who it was, i could type 212-345-13 and then see that i have a contact stored under 212-345-1331 under Joe Widge COmpany. I now know the call that came in was just an additional number from that company! ***
    12-07-08 09:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD