What is the likelihood that I can buy a used storm and get the unlock code from verizon? I want to use prepaid (verizon or unlock and use other carrier), or eventually get a verizon contract
    01-09-10 03:10 PM
    I bought my Storm used and unlocked it, but just used one of the services. Costs a couple bucks, but no hassle.
    I don't think you can use them on a prepaid plan, but I could be wrong.
    01-09-10 03:15 PM
    When you say "used one of the services", what exactly do you mean?
    01-09-10 03:26 PM
    When you say "used one of the services", what exactly do you mean?
    There are a number of services that will provide you with an unlock code for a fee. If you do a search here on Crackberry you will many.
    01-09-10 03:38 PM
    Yea I'm in the process of finding one, just wanted to be sure I could still unlock with a blocked esn.
    Thanks for the reply though
    01-09-10 03:44 PM
    Yea I'm in the process of finding one, just wanted to be sure I could still unlock with a blocked esn.
    Thanks for the reply though
    So you have bought or are buying a used phone with a bad ESN??? I dont know if you can even use the phone unlocked with the ESN bad. I probably am wrong but you should buy a completely working without issue phone.
    01-09-10 04:34 PM
    Yea I bought it already (from a friend, so the $100 didn't feel like a waste, rather put $ in a friends pocket), and will get it unlocked. I think I'll end up just using my iTouch for the web and apps. Just exploring options and trying to learn about blackberrys.
    01-09-10 04:45 PM
    With a bad ESN, the only option you have is to use it on a GSM carrier like TMO and it will only be able to do voice, no data.
    01-09-10 05:17 PM
    There is a forum on CB called BB unlocking. You will find several unlockers in there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-09-10 09:27 PM
    I'm pretty sure you won't be able to use a bad ESN no matter what... I could be wrong but that's my feeling

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-10 01:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD