Why is it when I email my pictures or upload them to facebook the pictures are sent/upload upside down or sideways? They are not that way on my phone?
    05-25-09 12:53 AM
    when you r taking your pictures, do you take them in landscape, with the front buttons on the right hand side of the screen?
    05-25-09 02:54 AM
    when you r taking your pictures, do you take them in landscape, with the front buttons on the right hand side of the screen?

Yes I take them in landscape but the bottom phone buttons are on the left side of the screen. It even does it when I am holding the phone normally and take a picture and go to upload it. it loads it sideways.
    05-25-09 04:25 AM
    mine does the same it drives me nuts
    05-25-09 04:38 AM
    Taking the pictures with the bottom buttons to the right is the only way they will email, mms and load to facebook or twitter correctly.
    05-25-09 08:08 AM
    Taking the pictures with the bottom buttons to the right is the only way they will email, mms and load to facebook or twitter correctly.
    This is the way the pics are meant to be taken. Notice that the side key (the default camera button) on the same edge as the volume buttons actually has two positions, like a digital camera. If pressed lightly, it will focus. A little more pressure will take the picture. When taking a picture, this button should be on top, that is in landscape with the bottom buttons on the right. Then when uploading or sending the pics, they will be oriented correctly. It's quite similair to a digital camera, for me at least, if the shutter button is in any position other than on top I have to manually rotate the pics when transferred to my pc. Or else they are sideways.
    05-25-09 08:46 AM
    Mine uploads whatever way it feels like, even in portrait model I have had them upload sideways, or even upside down. I have given up trying to figure it out, i take the pic, upload it and fix it later.
    05-25-09 08:53 AM
    This is the way the pics are meant to be taken. Notice that the side key (the default camera button) on the same edge as the volume buttons actually has two positions, like a digital camera. If pressed lightly, it will focus. A little more pressure will take the picture. When taking a picture, this button should be on top, that is in landscape with the bottom buttons on the right. Then when uploading or sending the pics, they will be oriented correctly. It's quite similair to a digital camera, for me at least, if the shutter button is in any position other than on top I have to manually rotate the pics when transferred to my pc. Or else they are sideways.
    I must disagree i always use my camera like a digital camera and they always upload to myspace or send in mms/email sideways. Probably just another storm bug.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-09 10:01 AM
    I must disagree i always use my camera like a digital camera and they always upload to myspace or send in mms/email sideways. Probably just another storm bug.

If you are taking the pictures in landscape, with the camera shutter button on top, and phone/BB/Escape/End keys in your right hand, the pictures will upload correctly. If yours aren't, then there is something wrong with your device.

Also, newer OS builds have fixed this problem-- people have stated that with the newer OS versions, pictures will always upload/orient themselves correctly no matter how they are taken-- landscape or portrait.
    05-25-09 10:21 AM
    LOL when you take pic you must use your phone like a real digital camera, you must hold the camera in landscape mode, that will make the pic come out the correct way. Which is right side up.

05-25-09 10:23 AM
    I just tried it with the phone buttons to the right and it worked. Thanks for the info.
    05-25-09 05:22 PM
    no matter which way i take the picture i always have to come to my laptop and rotate it...i've tried every way. even the guys at verizon can't get it right...help!
    05-28-09 04:39 AM
    no matter which way i take the picture i always have to come to my laptop and rotate it...i've tried every way. even the guys at verizon can't get it right...help!
    You should try upgrading your OS. That might fix the problem.

Remember, as its been mentioned above....make sure the four keys are on the right when taking a picture.
    05-28-09 09:59 AM
    dirty jersey/boston?

wow, those are really far apart...and i'm sure the jets/patriots fans hate you for claiming both!!! lol!

for sake of repeating the answer that has already been stated:

the camera is intended to be used while in landscape, with the camera shutter key to the top, physical keys to the right...if you take the pictures any other way, the photos will be rotated and you'll have to fix them.
    05-28-09 10:06 AM
    I can hold my phone in all 4 possible ways - the phone still sends the pics upside down. HOWEVER VZ TECHIE - any pics that i had taken befort the upgrade of the software to version 5.0 send correctly.
    12-27-09 11:53 AM
    I can hold my phone in all 4 possible ways - the phone still sends the pics upside down. HOWEVER **** any pics that i had taken befort the upgrade of the software to version 5.0 send correctly.
    The VZ people "play dumb" and act like they have no clue to this issue. I havehad 3 replacement phones and all have worked great until you combine the newest photos with the new software and bingo - upside down pics. My son has the same phone - but - his upgrade came from blackberry - NOT Verizon - any ideas ??? Does VZ's software have a bug / missing file(s) ???
    12-27-09 12:03 PM
    I have the same problem. BB storm2 8250. The OS is the most recent one. Sigh..
    04-21-10 09:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD