Hello,

I soon will have the Storm as well, I am looking to upgrade to the Storm using the 2 year plan that Verizon has...however....I noticed that I don't receive 100 bux off...it still shows 199.99 + the 50.00 mail in rebate. Is this normal at least for this phone? I always understood that I get 100 Bux off...or 200 bux off whatever it is...

does the Storm not apply to any of the usual discounts when upgrading a phone after the 20 month period and choosing the 2 yr. contract?

I was trying online, perhaps more money comes off in a store?

anyways...first post...noob question probably...
    12-17-08 05:33 AM
    NE2 should be $100. I got $50 off for resigning after 1 year, plus the $50 mail in rebate. I believe its 21 months, not 20 but I could be wrong. If you sign into myverizon it will tell you if you are eligible or not and give you the date you are.
    12-17-08 05:48 AM
    Hello,

I soon will have the Storm as well, I am looking to upgrade to the Storm using the 2 year plan that Verizon has...however....I noticed that I don't receive 100 bux off...it still shows 199.99 + the 50.00 mail in rebate. Is this normal at least for this phone? I always understood that I get 100 Bux off...or 200 bux off whatever it is...

does the Storm not apply to any of the usual discounts when upgrading a phone after the 20 month period and choosing the 2 yr. contract?

I was trying online, perhaps more money comes off in a store?

anyways...first post...noob question probably...

I may be wrong, but I think the $199 is the 2 year price (in addition to that, you have to send in the $50 mail in rebate, unless you have an employee discount or whatever that takes care of it otherwise)

Anyway, welcome!
    12-17-08 05:54 AM
    I upgraded using my NE2 and was told that Verizon changed the NE2 about 2 years back and that now some folks are only eligible for a $50 NE2. I was one of those people and supposedly it has something to do with the amount of your contract?
    12-17-08 06:01 AM
    Has to do with the length of your old contract and the amount of your service plan. If your last contract was 1 year and the service plan was less then $79.99, you won't get an NE2 discount.
    12-17-08 07:03 AM
    I may be wrong, but I think the $199 is the 2 year price (in addition to that, you have to send in the $50 mail in rebate, unless you have an employee discount or whatever that takes care of it otherwise)

Anyway, welcome!
    This is correct. I just got my Storm through Vzn with my NE2 discount with a new 2Yr contract. With my NE2 discount of $50.00, it cost me $149.99 and the $50 rebate. I just got the rebate card and went on-line to have it put into my Checking account, so bottom line cost was $99.00.
    12-17-08 08:51 AM
    I came across the same thing when i was looking to upgrade.
    The NE2 discount for someone with a plan under 79.99 for the last three months or whatever, is 50.
    The NE2 discount for someone with a plan over 79.99 for the last three months or whatever, is 100.
    This applies to any VZW phone upgrade, not just the Storm.

And this was a rather recent change.
    12-17-08 08:57 AM
    The way I was explained it was that you are technically eligible for an upgrade after some period of time (1 year I think) but you only get $100 off after 2-year upgrade. I really have no idea though as everyone I spoke to told me something different. Also, the phone is actually $250 plus a $50 rebate, not $200 plus a $50 rebate.

my advice

Don't even bother going into a store ... these people have no idea what they are talking about. Best idea is just to call Verizon through your phone - * 611 - and spend some time on the phone with a competent representative (it may take a couple tries) and they'll be able to get you the best price on your phone. Vzw is not trying to price gouge you... they would rather get you the lowest price on your phone so you buy it rather than tell you a price that is so high it scares you away.

I went into Best Buy to upgrade to a Storm and was for some reason told that my phone would cost $300 due to my upgrade dates ... I was ready to just get it over with until the system crashed and I had to call Vzw for some access numbers ... then they told me that by just taking a few additional steps (it's kind of a long story but it made sense at the time), I could get the phone for $200 and I was eligible for a $50 coupon being a long-time Vzw customer (they didn't have any of that info at Best Buy).

So moral of the story is screw the stores and order it over the phone !
    12-17-08 09:32 AM
    Thanks for the responses guys.

I went ahead and probably did the best thing for this situation and dialed *611. talked to an awesome rep (first try too!) and she got me taken care of in no time. I was able to upgrade my phone and also use my father's company discount (basically the mail-in rebate became an instant 50 dollar rebate) and also applied 50 bux VIP off of the total. So it was 188 out the door. So I am pleased to say the least.

hopefully it gets here sooner than later!

thanks again. *611 is the way to go!
    12-17-08 07:15 PM
    I am due for a NE2 in Q1 '09 and I checked with three different Storm distributors-2 VZW stores (local and out of town) and Bets Buy-an all told me when they looked up my info it was definitely 100 bux off. Now this is like my third or 4th NE2 upgrade since VZN is really the only reliable wireless service in my state.
    12-17-08 08:13 PM
    Thanks for the responses guys.

I went ahead and probably did the best thing for this situation and dialed *611. talked to an awesome rep (first try too!) and she got me taken care of in no time. I was able to upgrade my phone and also use my father's company discount (basically the mail-in rebate became an instant 50 dollar rebate) and also applied 50 bux VIP off of the total. So it was 188 out the door. So I am pleased to say the least.

hopefully it gets here sooner than later!

thanks again. *611 is the way to go!
    Congrats, I'm glad it worked out for you. I agree the $50 instant rebate from a would-be mail in rebate is one of the best things about ordering over the phone. It seems like Vzw is pushing really heavy on shipping out their phones rather than going to the store to get them, so much that they are offering these huge incentives for people not to go into the store.
    12-18-08 08:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD