I have the 9530 (storm 1) with Verizon. I am VERY happy with it, other than the not enough memory thing for apps. I recently got a text message from Verizon (who I am also ecstatically happy with) wherein they told me I was eligible for a phone upgrade. While I DO love my Storm, it would be great to have a phone with more app memory. But then there is also screen size and the ability to rotate the phone on its side for text entry. I was thinking about the Tour simply because its the newest and has almost double the memory. I'm torn. Would I be able to switch back and forth between two phones depending on mood? Should I even go for it pr hold out awhile longer? (As I type this using my Storm, I can only hope it doesn't get uppity and decide to punish me by some means simply due to my considering sharing the bb love I have between it and another....)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-10 09:25 PM
    If you upgrade to a new phone no matter what it is vzw will allow you to try it for 30 days If you are not happy with it return it.
    05-06-10 09:33 PM
    Why not try the Storm2 since you love the Storm. I love my Storm2 and couldn't imagine getting something else. I kept my Curve 8330 because I was in love with it and thought I'd miss it. I have only picked it up once since I got my Storm2.
    05-07-10 08:55 AM
    Why not try the Storm2 since you love the Storm. I love my Storm2 and couldn't imagine getting something else. I kept my Curve 8330 because I was in love with it and thought I'd miss it. I have only picked it up once since I got my Storm2.
    Now you have a point. Good argument.
    05-07-10 11:15 AM
    Thanks... 1fastmr2 - I did not know about the 30 day thing. And NurseBerryAddict you make a good pop t.

05-15-10 02:16 PM
    And yes, you can switch devices back & forth at will on the Verizon website or by calling. It takes a little time, usually only minutes but occasionally an hour or longer for the 'new' one to work.

05-15-10 02:27 PM
    While I really love my S2, I am uncertain if I would, at this stage, invest in one if I were in your position. I say this only because we all know there are a slew of new devices coming out including, hopefully, the S3 in the next six months. So, if I were you, I'd wait to see what the latest/greatest is.

I like a lot of real estate on my phone, plus I prefer a touch screen keyboard to the tiny keys on a physical one. Consequently, I don't think I could ever go to a Tour or Bold or anything else of that nature. The OP needs to decide what he/she likes about the Storm that they would not wish to give up, including, even thinking about switching over to a Droid (or the possible iPhone coming to VZW?). I'd wait a few months if you can and see what happens.
    05-15-10 02:36 PM
    S2 has twice the memory as S1 if that helps your deciding.
    05-15-10 06:36 PM
    I too would wait and see what comes out in the next few months, instead of picking up a BB that is already 6 Months old.
    05-15-10 09:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD