So this is my virgin crackberry post. I just ordered my Storm 9530, receiving it tomorrow

I have all my contacts settings etc from my pearl backed up to my PC. It is just straight forward to load these contacts messages, calendar info onto my Storm from the dm I already have installed or do I have to install the new dm that comes with my storm?

Also going to go for the 113/114 hybrid OS....I assume I should install that first on my storm and then install my contacts messages etc?

Sorry for NOOB questions

Best,

Justjabbin
    03-12-09 03:56 PM
    I believe it will be a straight forward process. Congrats on the Storm. I think you should use .75 for a while before you try and upgrade. The reason I say this so you can see the total difference when you do upgrade to a better firmware. It is a great phone and it will serve you well.
    03-12-09 04:01 PM
    I also went from a 8130 Pearl to the Storm and it was a big upgrade. I just used DM and moved all of my 3rd party apps and address book over to my Storm.
    03-12-09 04:09 PM
    i did the same like two months ago .. and just yesterday turned on my pearl for the first time and was REALLY REALLY amazed at how TINY TINY the screen seems to me now. I can't believe i used such a tiny device for years!

Enjoy the storm, she's a wonderful device.

if you have any questions search first, and then post or feel free to PM or PIN me ... i'm alwayas up really late ...I won't bite your head off .. no matter how dumb you think the question is.

ps do the .75 first then upgrage
    03-12-09 06:26 PM
    Just go with with .109.... Best OS.
    03-12-09 06:29 PM
    I upgraded from the Pearl to the Storm too. I love the Storm. I am going to stay with the .75 and wait for an official upgrade. It is working great. As far as moving contacts and apps, I used the change device menu on DM. Don't forget to go to the BIS site to change your pin and send your service books.
    03-12-09 06:44 PM
    No point in downloading any of the leaked Storm OS updates. I've been using .75 since I got my Storm a little over a month ago, and it has served me well. Besides, the official Verizon update is right around the corner (the Vodafone Storm just got its official update lastnight!). Don't waste ur time with any of that nonsense, .75 will be just fine.

By far the best phone I've ever had...it'll change your life. lol. ENJOY!
    03-12-09 06:59 PM
    Thanks for all the responses...storm will be my third blackberry, 7100 on tmoblie to pearl on At&t now to storm. I have never seen anyone post on this but I will never leave bb for one reason...."group contact lists" I can create a "new group" and add as many of my contacts to it as I want. Then instead of sending a sms to 100 people I can just send one sms to the group and it goes to all. Changed my life when I discovered this....no other pda does this that I have looked at...i phone, goggle phone, instinct etc.

Been following the threads for a while just never posted so Im still leaning towards leaked OS
    03-12-09 11:55 PM
    Enjoy your Storm. Stick with .75, its actually quite stable. I've been using it since it released, and don't have any problems except maybe a little keyboard lag.
    I also came from a Pearl... Took me awhile to get used to the keyboard but it helped with the transition to Suretype.

Let us know how you like it (or don't)...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-13-09 12:16 AM
    So this is my virgin crackberry post. I just ordered my Storm 9530, receiving it tomorrow

I have all my contacts settings etc from my pearl backed up to my PC. It is just straight forward to load these contacts messages, calendar info onto my Storm from the dm I already have installed or do I have to install the new dm that comes with my storm?

Also going to go for the 113/114 hybrid OS....I assume I should install that first on my storm and then install my contacts messages etc?

Sorry for NOOB questions

Best,

Justjabbin
    Can I have your pearl please?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-13-09 01:09 AM
    By far the best phone I've ever had...it'll change your life. lol. ENJOY!
    I totally agree with you here
    03-13-09 03:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD