Just upgraded to .109

Everything went smoothly until I noticed a lack of icons...my broswer is gone? I was prompted to contact my service provider when I tried to open the BB Homepage Help from the broswer options.

What the heck happened?
    04-08-09 07:11 PM
    Just upgraded to .109

Everything went smoothly until I noticed a lack of icons...my broswer is gone? I was prompted to contact my service provider when I tried to open the BB Homepage Help from the broswer options.

What the heck happened?
    First did you do the battery pull after the install
    Next,have you tried to register your device through Host Routing Tables
    04-08-09 07:35 PM
    do you try pulling the battery if that dont work resend service books
    04-08-09 07:35 PM
    Thanks for the replies.

I am doing the battery pull now. If that doesn't work how do I try the Host Routing and resend service books? This is my first Blackberry so slowly I'm learning all of this. I'm actually shocked how smoothly the OS switch went other than this. Unless if it's just alot easier than what I read made it out to be haha.

Can I do both of those actions through the Options?
    04-08-09 09:55 PM
    AH! I don't know what I would do without you guys here! LOL

The battery pull did the trick XD!

But for future reference, some insight on the suggestions above (Host Routing/Resend Books,) would be much appreciated.

Just because the fix is done doesn't neccessarily mean I want to stop learning future potential fixes! After I got my Storm I knew I'd never own a regular phone again so I want to keep and continue on learning everything there is to know to eliminate future threads and to be able to help others!

Thanks again!
    04-08-09 10:03 PM
    AH! I don't know what I would do without you guys here! LOL

The battery pull did the trick XD!

But for future reference, some insight on the suggestions above (Host Routing/Resend Books,) would be much appreciated.

Just because the fix is done doesn't neccessarily mean I want to stop learning future potential fixes! After I got my Storm I knew I'd never own a regular phone again so I want to keep and continue on learning everything there is to know to eliminate future threads and to be able to help others!

Thanks again!
    Just go to Host routing tables in Advanced options and click on it, when it opens press the blackberry button and select register now. You will see a message that says registration message sent, you should then receive a message that says your device has been registered on the blackberry network.

Glad you got it sorted out!
    04-08-09 10:14 PM
    awesome . I just upgraded to .113 last night and the same thing happened to me. a quick battery pull solved it for me.

thanks guys
    04-10-09 06:41 AM
    Honestly guys...This has been covered millions of times before...just do a SEARCH and you will find the answers...quit being so lazy...
    04-10-09 06:51 AM
    Search????? What's that???
    They got an app for that?
    I could not find it in my Verizon Wireless toolbox.
    04-10-09 08:01 AM
    Honestly guys...This has been covered millions of times before...just do a SEARCH and you will find the answers...quit being so lazy...
    I'm sick and tired of hearing this, and explaing my situation. Perhaps I should put it in my signature for those out there who has a post count that half consisted of "SEARCH!"

We are all well aware, it doesn't need pointed out in every other thread. And if I'm correct, this site became as large as it did by questions being asked, not from the "search function!!!!"

I am legally blind, I have bad days where even a minute of browsing through pages can leave my eyes in extreme discomfort. This is the easiest way for me to get an answer and the search function is not always the best option if I want a quick hit to an answer.

Your precious site isn't going to go down hill from the same question being answered multiple times and it's not going to improve or help any by referring users to the search function.

Come off it and enjoy this wonderful site we are all so grateful and lucky to have and quit wasting time with those posts and start being gracious and/or insightful to newbies like myself.

Don, the legally bilnd guy whom is tired of reading "SEARCH" and tired of explaing his situation! LOL
    04-10-09 02:15 PM
    I'm sick and tired of hearing this, and explaing my situation. Perhaps I should put it in my signature for those out there who has a post count that half consisted of "SEARCH!"

We are all well aware, it doesn't need pointed out in every other thread. And if I'm correct, this site became as large as it did by questions being asked, not from the "search function!!!!"

I am legally blind, I have bad days where even a minute of browsing through pages can leave my eyes in extreme discomfort. This is the easiest way for me to get an answer and the search function is not always the best option if I want a quick hit to an answer.

Your precious site isn't going to go down hill from the same question being answered multiple times and it's not going to improve or help any by referring users to the search function.

Come off it and enjoy this wonderful site we are all so grateful and lucky to have and quit wasting time with those posts and start being gracious and/or insightful to newbies like myself.

Don, the legally bilnd guy whom is tired of reading "SEARCH" and tired of explaing his situation! LOL
    No offense, but if you can read this thread, you should be able to search and read the threads....
    04-10-09 03:08 PM
    Just about every time I log onto this site, I see one or more new threads with the same topic...."Help I upgraded and now my browser is gone"....Seriously..just search the forums...I thought it was even a sticky...
    04-10-09 03:13 PM
    Just about every time I log onto this site, I see one or more new threads with the same topic...."Help I upgraded and now my browser is gone"....Seriously..just search the forums...I thought it was even a sticky...
    Wtf does it bother you. Get a life. Its a forum not an online encyclopedia

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-10-09 03:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD