Well, just got it in the mail, finished the activation, sync etc.

Unfortunately Left lower corner still not nearly as easy to push as the rest of the screen...marginally better at best vs. what I had first go round.

I still love the phone..guess its back to the businees card shim/fix though. I think I just like the sensitivity of it so much better with the "fix" I will make do for now.
    12-01-08 04:01 PM
    U keep returning it til they get it right
    12-01-08 04:04 PM
    BTW....it came with phone and battery cover only...no battery or accessories as I was told it would for those that may be wondering.

I guess I neede to go to verizon and see if indeed other screens are a lot different or if its just me at this point.
    12-01-08 04:06 PM
    I received my replacement phone today.
    I have not used the phone yet but it came with everything like my first phone.
    12-01-08 05:25 PM
    I got mine today too and I'm not feeling too good about it. The click problem seems to be resolved on this one. (Only phone and batt cover) but it's TOO resolved. The screen clicks down WAY farther than on my original one and is slower coming up after being clicked... I see now what people were talking about when they said they couldn't type fast. If their phone was like this one then there's no doubt it's hard. The screen also seems looser on the replacement than on my original. I'm stuck with what to do here. I think I'm going to send back the replacement one again with some BS reason like it won't boot and try another one.

I did look on the label behind the battery after being a little curious.

Original Storm:
    PRD-19502-002
    Next to the PIN there's the number (in the middle) CB8

Replacement :
    PRD-21009-002
    Next to the PIN there's the number (in the middle) RB8

Not sure if this may be any help to determining which models act different ways.

Both were made in Canada
    12-01-08 05:31 PM
    Let me look when I get home but my original one is same as your for the PRD #19502-002 number in the middle is LB8.

I will see what the new one has.
    12-01-08 05:59 PM
    I too recieved a new Storm today as I had screen issues. This new Storm is very fast. Does not have much lag. While my prior Storm hd what I thought was a great screen except one issue this screen really is way better. I am so impressed. I say keep returning until you get the correct Storm that fits you. I am very pleased.
    12-01-08 06:05 PM
    was it the updated .75 version?
    Last edited by rick1000; 12-01-08 at 06:41 PM.
    12-01-08 06:39 PM
    This is ridiculous. I'm going to have to have to return mine too because of top left click issues and my battery cover pops off constantly.

We shouldn't have to return and return just to find a good one! It should be good out of the box! All of them. Wtf is this game.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-08 06:39 PM
    Just got off with VZW TS and he told me that the one he was holding didn't do it. I told him I had 2 that were problems... He asked me to go to the local store and have them look at it and place some notes on the account and he will call me tomorrow to follow up. He said they don't mind swapping devices until I get one that works like it should. (I told him I was going to keep sending them back until I got one that worked right, lol) So I'm off to my local corp store to have the tech look at it.

wtf IS THIS GAME is right!
    12-01-08 06:47 PM
    Let me look when I get home but my original one is same as your for the PRD #19502-002 number in the middle is LB8.

I will see what the new one has.
    My phone has the same PRD and middle number (LB8) - Mine was made in Mexico.

I'm still waiting to see if the replacements fix the click issue.
    12-01-08 06:47 PM
    U keep returning it til they get it right
    AMEN! That's what I'm going to do.

I'm not even sure if I would care as much if I haden't typed on my friends. But I did, and now I can't let it go. Mine is 10 times better with the business card "fix", but even so, is still, no where near as good as his, and he doesn't even need the "fix". I can't even describe how good it is when it's functioning the way it should be. Trust me, it's worth it to have a good one. Just sucks we need to go through this.
    12-01-08 06:52 PM
    yeah my replacement its PERFECT (click wise), but the screen isnt as good. the bottom (light source?) is grey/white like its uneven. sucks. and the middle edges (when looking at an extreme angle) show grey areas where it looks like the screen was made in 2 pieces.. too bad i cant take them apart and just put together what i like lol

i think im gonna keep the better click w out as good a screen. sighs
    12-01-08 06:58 PM
    Ok, the VZW Store was closed so i guess i'm going in the morning. My dilemma now is that I've grown fond of the original phone. The new clicks A LOT better and maybe it's not WAY too much as I had originally thought. The screen is however loose. like if i shake the phone I can hear the screen clicking back and forth like it's banging against the silver sides of the phone and the gap on the replacement seems bigger. I really think I like the original better. I've almost decided I'm going to try one more replacement and if it doesn't work out then i'm just going to keep the first one. also sighs..
    12-01-08 07:44 PM
    Just got off the phone with another rep. Sending me a replacement (new he says) out tomorrow and should get here Thursday. Better than the first time I called I was told nothing until Dec. 15 from the phone guys and even later than that in store.

Just keep calling until you get a good rep that has them shown as in stock.

Whether or not the new one is any better though is anyone's guess. I'll keep sending it back until it gets fixed!
    12-01-08 08:06 PM
    Boy I hope I don't have this problem next week when I get mine. The nearest corporate store is 300 miles from me.
    12-01-08 08:16 PM
    Well, having had a cpl of hours to mess with it I was MUCH better off with what I had. It was smooth and fast with the updated OS but this thing lags and does strange stuff...partial screen then nml, have to press/click 2-3 times on some things, esp on the phone screen to get them to work about 10 percent of the time.
    Based on the 1st phone I still really like this BB in general. Tons of capabilities, was much improved(on the last one) with the updated OS. I am just dissapointed to have to send it back again. According to the boards here there are some that are really good all around.
    I think I will just send this one back, ask for another and go back to the original until the re-send me another.
    I am keeping the faith here because this thing is amazing for the things it does well...and is light years ahead of my treo even on its worst day.
    12-01-08 09:47 PM
    I'm also playing the waiting game (once all the replacements are equally as good)
    12-01-08 10:09 PM
    1st Verizon Storm, picked up first thing on 11/21 = Made in Canada.
    Pros: Great tactile feedback, each keystroke felt deep and springy. Accelerometer was quite fast in switching from L to P mode.
    Cons: 6 days after purchase the "END" key simply fell off. However, the button still worked underneath. Accelerometer's default mode was landscape. Unable to synch using PocketMac.

2nd Verizon Storm, received today as a replacement = Made in Mexico
    Pros: Wireless update (OTA) is available in the "Options" menu. Was able to synch MAC Mail/iTunes/iCal successfully using PocketMac (w/the updated driver). The accelerometer's default mode is now Portrait.
    Cons: The tactile feedback is poor, I am experiencing the corner pressing issues that other people have complained about. You can visually see that the screen barely yields when pressed down upon. I tried the 2 business cards behind the battery cover, but it did not help at all. Also, the phone keeps hunting for "1XEV," and switches between "1Xev" and "1XEV" (VZW tech support said it has to be in "1XEV").

I had a 3G iPhone (switched back to VZW b/c I have no AT&T signal in my house). The build quality was excellent right out of the box, all of them are manufactured at a single factory in Taiwan. We should not have to send phones back "hoping" for one that is not defective......

I called CS and they agreed to send me another one (I've been a loyal VZW customer for 10+ years and have multiple accounts). I'm seriously hoping that 3rd time's the charm!
    12-02-08 03:18 AM
    Just thought I would take the time to update again.

I spoke with verizon again this morning and ended up speaking with an extremely articulate, intelligent and well informed young lady. To recap, they sent a replacement storm to me a few days ago due to screen clicking issues, it was no different at all so I sent it back too.

She did admit that this was a hardware problem and that she had taken the time to peruse the forums and was well aware of what I was talking about.

She had an interesting, but carefully non commital comment that it would be at least a cpl of months before a "new batch" came out that may address the hardware issues. She stated that the only recourse at this point was to try again and see if the next replacement would work.

She also went so far as to call my local store to see if they had a replacement, of course they didnt, and then ordered a replacement for me that would be here no later than the 15th of december.

She was careful in trying to relay the message that this problem is real and indicated as best she could without saying directly so that somewhere down the line the hardware issue should be addressed. I hate that this sounds cryptic but I am trying my best to relay it as she did to me. She was also kind enough to credit me a substancial portion of my bill for the month just before we hung up. I did ask for her supervisor's email and took the time to write a note commending her honest and forthright way of dealing with the situation. I also suggested he and his higher ups peruse CB and maybe consider stepping up, recognizing publicly that there is a hardware issue and let people know how they are going to address it. his

On a more personal note, I had to use my Treo at work the last few days and nights and it really was like painfully moving backward. It gave me some serious perspective on how much I appreciate and enjoy the things about this device, and BB in general that I want to hang onto.

Sorry for the rambling nature of the post...just trying to share my experience as so many have done for me.
    Last edited by serenityseeker; 12-04-08 at 04:34 PM. Reason: addition
    12-04-08 04:32 PM
    I got mine today too and I'm not feeling too good about it. The click problem seems to be resolved on this one. (Only phone and batt cover) but it's TOO resolved. The screen clicks down WAY farther than on my original one and is slower coming up after being clicked... I see now what people were talking about when they said they couldn't type fast. If their phone was like this one then there's no doubt it's hard. The screen also seems looser on the replacement than on my original. I'm stuck with what to do here. I think I'm going to send back the replacement one again with some BS reason like it won't boot and try another one.

I did look on the label behind the battery after being a little curious.

Original Storm:
    PRD-19502-002
    Next to the PIN there's the number (in the middle) CB8

Replacement :
    PRD-21009-002
    Next to the PIN there's the number (in the middle) RB8

Not sure if this may be any help to determining which models act different ways.

Both were made in Canada
    I am in the same boat as you. Mine also has the same info as yours. I just got off the phone with tech support. He acknowledged that they are sending out refurbished units. Mine had a SKU of FRUBB99530. Factory refurbished.Unit

He suggested that I send the replacement back, and call my local store. He said that is the only way to guarantee a new model. He said to find out when the store is getting another shipment (probably the 15th) and just swap it out at the store.
    12-04-08 04:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD