This is the most annoying this ever. When I get a phone call that leaves a voice mail i get the missed call msg showing who called (which i like), the new voice mail icon showing me they left a message (which I like), then I get this dumb SMS msg showing I have a new voicemail. I do not need an extra notification showing a new voicemail. i already got the Vm icon. Is there anyway to shut this SMS notification off. Please help!
    03-14-09 02:58 PM
    Bump.... Any advice?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-14-09 09:56 PM
    THAT really does annoy me as well! Any help would be great, but I have a feeling we're all stuck with it!
    03-14-09 10:16 PM
    I had that sms text when I had the 8330, but since I got the storm and upgraded to the visual voicemail, I have never seen that text again.

Do you have visual voice mail?
    03-14-09 10:44 PM
    Some people do not have visual voice mail availableto them is there any other way?

03-14-09 11:10 PM
    I don't want to pay $2.99 per month for Visual Voicemail.
    03-15-09 08:04 AM
    bump for a way to stop the sms message...
    06-29-09 01:48 AM
    it's an annoying verizon thing, just like when you pay your bill and you get both a text and an email confirming you did so.

One time I paid my bill in the store and as the guy handed me the receipt I got the email and text combo so I said **** man, is someone from customer service going to call me next and thank me for paying my bill.
    06-29-09 02:17 AM
    Yea you can't get rid of it. It is just something Verizon likes to do...
    06-29-09 02:24 AM
    I don't think its Verizon this happens to me on bell I think its a blackberry thing

06-29-09 03:54 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f61/tur...essages-43077/

i HATE this too, not sure if this works but im going to give verizon a call tonight, i will let you know
    06-30-09 08:09 PM
    go to phone and then hit menu and go to options and turn the call logging to none and see if that works
    06-30-09 09:07 PM
    go to phone and then hit menu and go to options and turn the call logging to none and see if that works
    it doesnt, ive tried it, that only prevents missed calls from popping up in the message list

on hold with verizon now
    06-30-09 09:11 PM
    okay so this is what a verizon tech told me on the phone, after 30min of waiting and being redirected

the voice mail indicator only shows up because of the SMS that your phone receives saying that you have a voicemail

without the SMS, your phone would never know that it has a voicemail in the first place - thus there isn't any way to turn off this SMS indicator without also turning off the message waiting indicator (you can turn off BOTH from your voicemail options)

hope this clears things up for people
    06-30-09 09:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD