I recently moved from a temporary posting in Australia back to Canada. i have a 9500 that I bought through Vodafone in Australia, and our corporate provider in Canada is Bell Mobility. I am trying to get my Storm to work with the bell network but so far am out of luck. I "successfully" unlocked my Storm and installed a Bell SIM card, but I cannot connect beyond the SOS emergency service. I have used the Blackberry Master Control Program to totally wipe the OS and install a new version but the phone still powers up with the Vodafone branding. Bell does not have an OS version specific to the 9500, and their 9530 OS will not load. Am I stuffed here?
    08-11-10 10:51 AM
    Your 9500 is missing CDMA2000 1x EV-DO so I dont see how you can use it on Bell Mobility. Although you can go with any GSM provider but you would only get EDGE data speeds.
    08-11-10 01:41 PM
    Your 9500 is missing CDMA2000 1x EV-DO so I dont see how you can use it on Bell Mobility. Although you can go with any GSM provider but you would only get EDGE data speeds.
    Bugger. My employer recently switched from Rogers (GSM) to Bell Mobility. Looks like I will have to downgrade to our corporate Blackberry model.

<RANT> I love how Canada has replaced an uncompetitive landline monopoly with an uncompetitive wireless oligopoly. When it comes to the communications industry and regulatory bodies, Canada is worse than most third world countries. </RANT>
    08-11-10 08:47 PM
    Bugger. My employer recently switched from Rogers (GSM) to Bell Mobility. Looks like I will have to downgrade to our corporate Blackberry model.

<RANT> I love how Canada has replaced an uncompetitive landline monopoly with an uncompetitive wireless oligopoly. When it comes to the communications industry and regulatory bodies, Canada is worse than most third world countries. </RANT>
    I feel your pain There isnt much choice here and they stiff you with data rates.
    08-11-10 09:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD