Unlocked my verizon 9530 and it works with my sim card. E-mail push, browser, BB messenger. the works!!!!!
    11-24-08 11:31 AM
    Gee great - How?
    How did you unlock it, and how did you get data running on it, and where are you, who's sim .....
    11-24-08 11:32 AM
    more info please... oh and of course...
    Pics or it didnt happen.
    11-24-08 11:35 AM
    I called the global department for verizon and asked to speak with a supervisor. Told them i leaving the country and have an international sim that i will use regardless if i can use the storm.
    the sim is from the cayman islands but we use the NA gsm bands. I was roaming when i tested it as i am still in the united states. Only get EDGE though.
    11-24-08 11:58 AM
    what did you do???? please provide all the info, the input to you cell
    11-24-08 01:08 PM
    any one know how to unlock the verizon BB9530. i got it and i need to unlocked,

HELP!!!
    SOS
    11-24-08 01:41 PM
    cat5hotta, You still have an account with Verizon though correct.
    11-24-08 01:53 PM
    That's great I'm glad it worked out for you
    11-24-08 01:56 PM
    Unlocked my verizon 9530 and it works with my sim card. E-mail push, browser, BB messenger. the works!!!!!
    I'm calling crap. None of the above questions like what carrier are u using. Servicebooks. Etc

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-08 02:11 PM
    I'm calling crap. None of the above questions like what carrier are u using. Servicebooks. Etc
    I agree. If you still have an account with Verizon. Then no big deal. That's how the phone was intended to work internationally. You just got out of using THEIR card. But you still use their network.
    11-24-08 02:18 PM
    wait... if you already had verizon why give 1XEV for edge?
    11-24-08 02:23 PM
    11-24-08 02:25 PM
    wait... if you already had verizon why give 1XEV for edge?
    If using it abroad to avoid international roaming.
    11-24-08 02:27 PM
    Instead of starting another thread,

Sorry for doubting you all, I have proof in my hand that it works on North America GSM Carrier. I had my VZW 9530 unlocked and inserted the AT&T SIM I have and viola, it shows AT&T under carrier and I was able to make a call. Once I get home I will insert my TMO SIM card, which I have in my 8320 and start using the Storm on TMO's network. I know you need proof, I will upload pictures once I get home. But take my word for now, it works, and VZW has the unlock code don't let them tell you otherwise.

Here is what you need to do:

*Don't try this if you don't have the unlock code from VZW as random numbers will not work

1) Call Verizon, ask for blackberry global support, tell them you need the the unlock code to use a pre-paid sim card overseas, it is the truth for me.
    2) With the VZW SIM inserted
    3) Click on manage connections, select turn all connections off
    4) Go to Settings Menu, Options, Advanced Options and then SIM Card.
    5) Hit the menu button and select show keyboard
    6) Type in mepd using the keyboard
    7) Type in mep2 another screen pops up for the code,
    8) Enter the code, remember you ONLY have 10 chances to get it right*
    9) Press the enter key
    10) A message will appear saying code accepted
    11) Turn device off, remove VZW SIM card and pop any sim in
    11) Turn the phone back on
    12) Go to manage connections, select gsm and there you go
    11-24-08 02:42 PM
    I get all that GT, But do you or do you not still have service with Verizon?
    11-24-08 02:46 PM
    I agree. If you still have an account with Verizon. Then no big deal. That's how the phone was intended to work internationally. You just got out of using THEIR card. But you still use their network.
    Yes i have a verizon account and i will use their network while i am in the states to benefit from the 3G speeds. my reason for unlocking is to use the phone internationally and not pay verizon's roaming rates. Everything works with the sim you just don't get 3G reception.
    11-24-08 02:57 PM
    Yes i have a verizon account and i will use their network while i am in the states to benefit from the 3G speeds. my reason for unlocking is to use the phone internationally and not pay verizon's roaming rates. Everything works with the sim you just don't get 3G reception.
    Thank you. What I'm working on is to get it working independently on a GSM network.
    11-24-08 03:00 PM
    it can work on a GSM network independently. Once unlocked go to
    manage connections,
    mobile network options,
    change network technology to gsm/umts and it won't try to log on to verizon's network.

If you look at my posted picture my cable&wireless sim was roaming on AT&T network here in the U.S. Which means i could use a AT&T or any other GSM sim and use that carriers network. NOT verizon
    11-24-08 03:05 PM
    do you have to be a vzw customer to get the unlock code?
    11-24-08 03:16 PM
    it can work on a GSM network independently. Once unlocked go to
    manage connections,
    mobile network options,
    change network technology to gsm/umts and it won't try to log on to verizon's network.

If you look at my posted picture my cable&wireless sim was roaming on AT&T network here in the U.S. Which means i could use a AT&T or any other GSM sim and use that carriers network. NOT verizon
    I understand that, but what I'm finding is if you call up Verizon and cancel service with them, then use say an At&t or T-mo SIM. The phone will work but you will not have a browser. It's a service book thing. Same as what people were running into bringing Bolds to T-mo.
    11-24-08 06:27 PM
    Thanks for the updates everyone. Nice to Know VZW will unlock on request. Local sim to lower calling expense while travelling is great. Does anyone know how to get data working on the local sim overseas?
    11-25-08 07:52 AM
    Rather than starting a new thread, I figured it would be best to post this here.
    I called Verizon yesterday to obtain the unlock code for my phone after reading how others had done the same. I don't have a SIM to test from another provider, but I just wanted to have the code for future use.

I called *611 from my phone to speak with a customer service agent. I told them I would like to be connected to the Global Blackberry support team so that I could unlock my phone. I told them I was going on a business trip overseas to an area that only had GSM and that my employer was providing a pre-paid SIM for my telephone charges while there.

The first agent tried to basically tell me it wasn't possible, but he would look into it. I was on hold for about 4 mins and he came back on saying he would connect me to a Global support team member to further assist me.

I explained the scenario to the global support CSA and she understood what I wanted to do. She said that luckily today (11/24) was the first day they had access to the unlock codes, so those of you who were told unlock codes weren't available, the person may have been telling the truth.

She asked for my SIM number because they didn't have it in their system, and then she went on to say that I would need to agree to the terms and conditions of giving me the unlock code. Reading a script she also told me that Verizon would not pay for any charges while using another SIM, or provide any support while using that SIM and that using a 3rd party SIM could void my warranty (ok, whatever).

She emailed me the terms and conditions, then because I was using my phone at the time, she gave me a phone number to call back from a landline and they would walk me through the unlock. I asked for the unlock code so I would have it for my records and she read it to me.

I followed GT's steps 4-10 (above) and my code was accepted. Easy as that. Total call lasted about 17 minutes with Verizon.

For those of you still trying to accomplish this, try calling this number:
    1-800-711-8300 - Verizon Wireless Global Services Activation Team.
    This was the number I was given to call back to walk me through unlocking, but since I had the instructions I didn't bother calling.

I have also attached a screenshot of the email they sent me. Hopefully this will help.

Mike
    11-25-08 08:42 AM
    I need to have a VZW phone number right?
    12-30-08 05:47 PM
    Anyone with the code for unlocking the blackberry 9530?
    Thanks
    03-22-10 02:07 PM
    Anyone with the code for unlocking the blackberry 9530?
    Thanks
    I'd try http://forums.crackberry.com/f157 lots of companies there that can help you. Or call Verizon directly if you're a Verizon customer.
    03-22-10 02:34 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD