I have a Storm which i bought and activated it on Telus. But after being screwed over by telus i have deactivated the phone with them and had it unlocked. I wanted to activate it with Rogers but it will not recognize the Rogers sim card. I have also tried Bell. I even went to a telus store and they told me it should work on any network. But when i went to bell i was told that there is something with the telus storm that you can't use it on any other network in Canada. Can anyone tell me how i can get the telus stuff of the phone which i paid over 400$ for. There must be a way but i sure don't know how any suggestions??
    05-22-10 08:22 PM
    Hmmm.... Really I don't know why your phone won't work if it is truly unlocked. I have used both the Telus 9530 and 9550 on Rogers here and on T-Mobile in the US without many problems. Many others have also. Are you sure it's unlocked properly? Have you got a BB plan with Rogers? Have you switched the "type of network" to GSM 2G/3G from CDMA? Help us out with a few more details and I'm sure someone can help you out...........

R...

I have a Storm which i bought and activated it on Telus. But after being screwed over by telus i have deactivated the phone with them and had it unlocked. I wanted to activate it with Rogers but it will not recognize the Rogers sim card. I have also tried Bell. I even went to a telus store and they told me it should work on any network. But when i went to bell i was told that there is something with the telus storm that you can't use it on any other network in Canada. Can anyone tell me how i can get the telus stuff of the phone which i paid over 400$ for. There must be a way but i sure don't know how any suggestions??
    05-22-10 09:13 PM
    I would check andmake sure that the phone is definitely unlocked.
    05-22-10 09:40 PM
    Yep make sure it is unlocked, where did you get the unlock code from? The Storm won't work on Bell's network, as it too is CDMA, but my unlocked Storm works on Robbers network when I tested it with my friends Sim card. Make sure you set the network to GSM and 2G. As far as unbranding the phone, that is not an easy project, it can be done, but not a simple process. You would have to search for that info on line somewhere. The wall paper should change with the service books once properly set up. Search the forums her for getting a storm to work with Rodgers, if I remember correctly there is a thread for that
    05-22-10 11:50 PM
    If the phone is unlocked, insert the SIM in the phone and then go to Options/Mobile Network and change Technology to GSM/UMTS and select 2G. If your phone is unlocked it will work on Rogers/Fido EDGE network. You will not be able to use it with a Bell SIM because the phone is not compatible on GSM with the frequency Bell operates on.
    05-23-10 09:47 AM
    Yes the bell sim is useless in Canada because of network compatibilities issues. And Bell's CDMA system wont work either
    05-23-10 02:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD